Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@BibLady wrote:

I received mine as well, one denim and one white.  I ordered the petite length, and it's perfect if you are 5'2".  I actually wish that the thigh area was at least 1" wider in the diameter.  I guess maybe my proportions are out of whack.  These actually fit in the waist, where usually there is a huge gap - in this case it's minimal.  I'll see what happens when I wash them - if the thighs are too tight, they will go back.  I was really hoping these would be perfect.  Close.

I too am 5'2" but generally buy regular length pants because I am short waisted with longer legs.  I kind of have the opposite problem as you and like the roomier waistband and slimmer thigh.  I guess that's why no single pair of jeans is going to get fabulous reviews.  We are all built differently.

I'm kind of hoping the thighs tighten up after I wash them.  LOL. Smiley Very Happy

You hit the nail on the head with your post!

Respected Contributor

I do think that QVC has always cut their pants and jeans more toward the "pear" shaped figure.  I'm slim with practically no rear, and thin legs, so I don't even bother ordering from them anymore.  Their pants always look like they have side handles on them.......I'm wondering what I'm supposed to put in those empty poofy spaces on the sides!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Glad they turned out well.

Respected Contributor

I'm thin, straight up and down, skinny legs.  I remember when I first ordered D&C jeans with this tummy control panel, the reviews were bad.  I love them!  I worried about them fitting so snug (I wear size 8), but I learned to appreciate that control panel.  There was absolutely no shrinkage, and that is important since I wear a tall size.  After years, I still like those jeans. 

Esteemed Contributor

Received mine today - medium size regular length in white.  I'm packing them up tomorrow to return.  Material much too heavy for spring and summer when I'd want to wear them.  They look funny with puffy extra fabric at the top of the leg.  (below hips and top of leg).  Good for wider hips I guess but I don't have any extra meat at the hip area.  Also way too long, I tried turning them up and that worked but the material is just too stiff and heavy for me.  Will be hot in summer temps.

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for the disappointment some folks are having with these jeans.  I watched one presentation and Gary seemed confident that they had solved past problems. I hope folks will continue to post reviews as they are received.  

Valued Contributor

normal i would not ordered jeans from qvc because they think everyone wants strech pants, I dont. they heard my call and I love these jeans so far. I personally like skinny jeans hate wide leg pants but the bottom is not to wide and does not bother me at all. I would buy more. 

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

I am so sorry for the disappointment some folks are having with these jeans.  I watched one presentation and Gary seemed confident that they had solved past problems. I hope folks will continue to post reviews as they are received.  

@islandgrrl, wouldn't it be cool if they offered "Apple" jeans and "Pear" jeans?

Note to Gary...!!!

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon

Brilliant!  You should be on Gary's design team!  I love the idea giving garments a 'tag' for best fit type.  I am narrow through the hips and thighs so pants aren't my problem area.  But I'm busty on top and have trouble getting jackets to close that aren't then too big in the shoulders.  As I result I only buy very forgiving tops online. 

It would be awesome to be able to search for apple, pear, full bust friendly etc.  But given the sheer number of women shopping on the Q, there will be return issues.  Lands' End tries to give fit information -- I find it helpful.

Honored Contributor

Re: Got my TSV jeans

[ Edited ]

I seem to recall that a few years back, QVC had various vowels describing the fits on bottoms and it didn't go over too well. 

I remember someone calling it QVC's "Vowel Movement."  ROFLOL 

And given some of the comments I've read on the boards, I think there are some who don't really know their shape.  When Leah is being described as a pear shape, or posters are saying that the majority of female hosts are pear shapes, I have to think there's an issue understanding different shapes.  I even heard a host recently say that sometimes she's an apple and sometimes she's a pear!