Super Contributor

Got my Susan Graver Puffer Coat A385729 Black Friday Deal

[ Edited ]

I just received my Susan Graver puffer coat in the stormy night blue color and I love it! I am an xl in Susan's line and the xl in the coat fit me perfectly. I am barely 5'3" so the length was a little longer on me than on some of the taller on air models. This is my first coat purchase from Susan Graver and I am really pleased. The winters where I live are snowy and cold, but I don't want or need a down filled coat so the poly fill of this coat works for me. (I am pushing 60 and have year round hot flashes....need I say more.) I love the pockets, the quilting detail and also the fit of the coat, If I had one critique it would be that I wished the coat had a two way zipper, but that is not going to be a deal breaker for me. The coat is going to work perfectly for my need of wear running around town doing errands this winter. So all in all, I am very happy and pleased with my purchase! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Got my Susan Graver Puffer Coat A385729 Black Friday Deal

@06greatwife   Glad to hear that you like the coat....for me though I would need a two way zipper.

I'm 5'2" and was wondering how is the sleeve length?  I have short arms and really need a petite when it comes to coats for that reason.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@haddon9 
The sleeve length of the coat worked for me which surprised me. Normally sleeves come down over my hands, but the sleeves of the coat barely did. I also loved the knitted sleeve cuffs. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got mine too in the red! I was hesitant to buy red since I am an XL and didn't want to look bigger than I am.

I found it very slimming and the color is gorgeous! I am so happy that I got it...

Honored Contributor

@06greatwife 

Thanks for mentioning it does NOT have a 2 way zipper.  I was wondering and couldn't really tell from the pic or description.

That is kinda a deal breaker for me.  I was going to order today w/ the free shipping.

You saved me a return!

I have her previous coats (one blk, one silver) and they DID in prev. years have that 2 way zipper.

They are excellent coats, glad you like yours.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma 
The red color was gorgeous! In fact all the colors in the coat were gorgeous. The kicker for me was the hardware color. I am a silver gal. Totally agree about the fit being slimming. When I tried it on, my husband even commented that it fit me nice and was slimming. 

Super Contributor

@RespectLife 

Getting in and out of the car with a two way zipper is definitely a lot easier. Glad I could save you a return. 

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I got mine too in the red! I was hesitant to buy red since I am an XL and didn't want to look bigger than I am.

I found it very slimming and the color is gorgeous! I am so happy that I got it...

@Nataliesgramma 

Time for the ever obnoxious 'We told you so!'

Woman Wink 

But in all seriousness this discovery should make your clothes shopping more fun. You can experiment with color!

Honored Contributor

@06greatwife @RespectLife @haddon9 

Excuse my ignorance, I live in Miami, but why would you want a puffer zipper to run both ways? I get, aesthetically speaking, why one would want that in a short jacket or blazer but I don't know why for a coat..

Honored Contributor

In my area, by the time my carseats warm up and the car gets warm, I am almost too hot so I like button coats for that reason.  I only pull the coat together and button when I exit the car when it is cold enough to wear a coat.