Respected Contributor

The sheer black with dots, why are these not called pantyhose?  I thought tights were always a heavier denier.

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

The sheer black with dots, why are these not called pantyhose?  I thought tights were always a heavier denier.

They look like pantyhose to me too.  I like them but IMO they aren't tights. I have sheer tights or some that are called daysheer but they are still tights.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

Thanks for sharing these styles, Lola!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Look for the return of panty hose in the not-too-distant future.  They may be called something different, but they will still be panty hose.  (Example: the "tights" with the dots, above, which are darn cute, by the way.)

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

Well the first pair would be a pass for me, but I like the other styles. thanks for posting, it is always fun to look at different ideas.

I get an e-mail from Hue and it can be fun to look at their choices.

Honored Contributor

All nice, (I wouldn't look good in the bold pattern one.)  Anyway, I'm crazy about the plaid skirt, too.  I'm loving red plaid(s), and also other color combo plaids.  I have a pair of ruched tights with either 12 or 15% spandex.  Bought a few years ago, but haven't yet worn.  It hasn't been very cold for a few years.  Anyway, I tried them on a few days ago.  Very, very, very tight, but flattering on me, for people who would be looking at me.  I'm not crazy about tight anything.  But for a couple of hours, more or less, o.k.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Look for the return of panty hose in the not-too-distant future.  They may be called something different, but they will still be panty hose.  (Example: the "tights" with the dots, above, which are darn cute, by the way.)

I recently attended a charity event and there were a lot of women in hosiery. Some of it plain and some patterened.  More than I've seen in a very long time. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love hosiery, especially in winter here in the upper Midwest. Who wants cold legs when tights aren't always appropriate? I think hose give such a finished, polished look to an outfit. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

I love tights in fall and winter. I stick to the same color as my boots and skirt or dress. I have a few ribbed and subtle patterned pairs, but I don't wear them as much as a solid opaque black tight. 

Honored Contributor

I liked all but the first pair where I loved the shoes if the heel had been lower!