Trusted Contributor

Re: Gorgeous Tunic Sweater Available on Q - A259108

On 9/23/2014 TheOwl said:

Well BonAtTheBeach, here's a couple of questions to consider.

Which one goes with the most pants in your closet?

Skirts in your closet?

Which one makes you look "sultry" or "perky" or "makes you glow" - or whatever state of mind you like your clothes to put you in Smiley Happy

Basically, I don't see how you can go wrong with ANY of these colors! That's about all the wisdom I have left at this hour of the day {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Owl, sorry I didn't see this last night, when your wisdom was at its peak!! You're right, can't go wrong with any of them. Let's see: sultry (not happening); perky (I wake up perky and stay that way all day -- drives the hubby a little nuts!!); glowing - I like that one! I think all the colors would make me glow - DARN - back to square one! I did see where one poster said her size Large was more like a 3X -- that concerns me a little bit. But, I'm going to order my normal Linea size of 1X, and keep my fingers crossed. Louis said not to size down, so I'm listening to him. I'll be anxious to see it on the models, but mine will be traveling down the pike by then!!!! Have a great day, Owl!

Valued Contributor

Thanks BonAtTheBeach! Funny, for a noctural creature - I sure am not a night person Smiley Wink So I plan on having a great day, so long as you do too!

Respected Contributor

Re sizing on this top - I go between L and XL a definite pear shape. Checked online measurements and I was at top end of sweep/hip measurement so I asked Louis - and he said go to XL the style is looser unless you want it fitted. Could wear large but I do not want it tight at hips so taking Louis' advice and ordered XL.
Trusted Contributor

On 9/24/2014 dulwich said: Re sizing on this top - I go between L and XL a definite pear shape. Checked online measurements and I was at top end of sweep/hip measurement so I asked Louis - and he said go to XL the style is looser unless you want it fitted. Could wear large but I do not want it tight at hips so taking Louis' advice and ordered XL.

Hi, dulwich. I'm pretty much always a 1X in Linea, although I can wear an XL in some of the cotton/span tunics. Like you, I'm going with the larger size as this is definitely something I wouldn't want fitted. I just hope it's flattering on my size, and I'll be anxious to see it on the models. And I do hope the previous poster's sweater was mis-tagged, as her Large fit like a 3X. Enjoy!!

Trusted Contributor

I just received my stone medium, & it is very nice! I'd say it fits exactly as was intended - oversized but not huge. I am a solid size 10, and the chest is the correct measurement.
Trusted Contributor

On 9/24/2014 NYCMarian said: I just received my stone medium, & it is very nice! I'd say it fits exactly as was intended - oversized but not huge. I am a solid size 10, and the chest is the correct measurement.

That makes me feel better -- thanks for posting. And the V-neck isn't too low for us bustier gals?

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the blue in my regular linea knit size...want it to flow over hips not be fitted....so crossing my fingers.

I wasn't going to go for the sweater due to $ budget....but out of the two jackets I had ordered...one had to go back. :::sigh::: It was a B Repub moto jacket that I had desired...went on sale...had an extra 40% off...so score. But dang, it just didn't work. I had no idea I couldn't wear boiled wool. Wow is that an itchy fabric.

So if the Dennis Basso TSV shows up and it doesn't work...I'll try the Pea Coat in blue.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

On 9/24/2014 kate2357 said:

I ordered the blue in my regular linea knit size...want it to flow over hips not be fitted....so crossing my fingers.

I wasn't going to go for the sweater due to $ budget....but out of the two jackets I had ordered...one had to go back. :::sigh::: It was a B Repub moto jacket that I had desired...went on sale...had an extra 40% off...so score. But dang, it just didn't work. I had no idea I couldn't wear boiled wool. Wow is that an itchy fabric.

So if the Dennis Basso TSV shows up and it doesn't work...I'll try the Pea Coat in blue.

Hi, Kate! Sorry the jacket didn't work out (no itching allowed), but glad you were able to order the sweater! After about 48 hours of continuous chatter on the forum about this gorgeous sweater, I'm finally ordering mine. Also sticking with my regular linea knit size and crossing my fingers. Let us know how you love the blue one....I think I've decided on the mauve and gray, but who knows - I keep changing my mind. And I hope your DB TSV arrives; if not, that Pea Coat is absolutely stunning in blue!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm very interested in hearing reviews of this new yarn because the new poncho is of this same material.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

On 9/24/2014 gardensla said:

I'm very interested in hearing reviews of this new yarn because the new poncho is of this same material.

Poncho? Where might we find that? I didn't see it on his blog. Thanks!