Honored Contributor

@luvbnagirl wrote:

She’s a beautiful lady. Let’s all remember who Gwenyth is. She was born into this. Has never lived any other lifestyle. She’s knows nothing about the life of the middle class. 

Yes and that's true about most wealthy people who were born into it. People in positions of power too, vs someone who is an actress.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@kelshar wrote:

Too expensive in my opinion. Although Gwyneth Paltrow still has a nice figure. Wow, no stretch marks after 2 kids. Of course it's possible she could be covering it up with make up.

They airbrush those out 

Honored Contributor

Goop is a perfect name for the stuff she puts on her site.

Cat Tongue

Plain black bikini is OK.   The price seems nuts to me but hey, whatever.

Respected Contributor

@luvbnagirl wrote:

She’s a beautiful lady. Let’s all remember who Gwenyth is. She was born into this. Has never lived any other lifestyle. She’s knows nothing about the life of the middle class. 

@luvbnagirl  yet her not knowing of real life didnt shield her from the pain of divorce and the difficult time she experienced with post partum depression whilst caring for two young kids.

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline   This is true, no one escapes the challenges/lessons of life.  The good news for her is she will have access to healing modalities that most of us would never dream of affording (I could make an extensive list, but you can easily use your imagination). No judgement..... I think this is great for her and will help assuage life's trials, but not a reality for the middle class faced with the same life issues.

@CatsyCline wrote:

@luvbnagirl wrote:

@luvbnagirl  yet her not knowing of real life didnt shield her from the pain of divorce and the difficult time she experienced with post partum depression whilst caring for two young kids.

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@CatsyCline   This is true, no one escapes the challenges/lessons of life.  The good news for her is she will have access to healing modalities that most of us would never dream of affording (I could make an extensive list, but you can easily use your imagination). No judgement..... I think this is great for her and will help assuage life's trials, but not a reality for the middle class faced with the same life issues.

@CatsyCline wrote:

@luvbnagirl wrote:

@phoenixbrd    don't have the imagination you do and it matters not one's station in life. What's on your extensive list of special modalities to heal depression?  

Depression is not "cured" with special "modalities" others cannot afford.  You can't just snap out of it whether you are homess or a royal.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

@luvbnagirl wrote:

Or her father Bruce dying of cancer. All the money her family had didn't prevent that. I would bet that I could sit down with her and talk about losing a parent to cancer because we have that in common. Our conversation would have zero to do with money or Goop or swimsuits or any alleged advantage her Dad had vs my Mom. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Goop swimsuit....

[ Edited ]

@CatsyCline  @Greeneyedlady21  True...I would never suggest that one can just "snap" out of depression.  Depression, as we know, can be devastating whether a royal or a homeless.  The main idea of the post is there are many opportunities available to those who can afford them as opposed to those with lesser monetary means.

I was driving home recently and saw tents of the homeless strung out across the overpass.  On a lesser scale than those with immense wealth, I know that I have opportunities available to me that might not be a reality for them.  My heart ached at what I witnessed and made me appreciate my life and question what is important in life.  Even more importantly, is there an action I can take on a small scale that might impact their life.  Wealth does afford possibilities...just a fact not a condemnation of those who hurt or saying that those with unlimited funds don't hurt.  We all are subjected to the ravages/lessons of life.

I could write a thesis on your question, but I know this is not the appropriate place.  Wishing us both much peace and appreciation for what we have. 

Frequent Contributor

Let's not get carried away.  My comment was referring to the products she sells on her website.  I didn't think we were talking about cancer or depression or divorce or whatever else people want to bring up.  I remember now why I quit posting on this board years ago.  Carry on....

Esteemed Contributor

@luvbnagirl , to the contrary, I think you helped to put it into context.  

Cogito ergo sum