Honored Contributor

Good boot socks recommendations?

I was going to order the Cuddl Duds socks featured on Lunchtime Specials today, but a few of the reviews mentioned the socks pilling and attracting lint.  Those are my 2 pet peeves.

Can anyone recommend good quality lightweight socks to wear with my boots that definitely don't pill or attract lint, etc. ?  

Respected Contributor

Re: Good boot socks recommendations?

I like Gold Toe Ultra Soft socks.

Respected Contributor

I got the tommy copper socks that were a tsv to wear for tennis shoes and boots and I love them. Not too thick but they prevent any rubbing on my ankles and they stay up.

Honored Contributor

All socks pill.  I like Darn Tough, Smartwool, and Bombas.

Respected Contributor

I have several pairs of Hanes Comfortblend socks that I got to wear with some Miz Mooz ankle boots that I have that fit so close to the foot that I need a really thin sock to wear with them.  I got them at a Hanes outlet & also Walmart. I have them in black & grey, but the white ones are the only color I can find a picture of online:

Women's comfortblend ankle socks, 6 pack

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought my bamboo socks at JJill.  Buy 3 get 1 free plus 30% off.  They are excellent with any shoe or boot.  I also own Ugg boots which I don't wear socks at all.

Image For Rayon From Bamboo-Blend Crew Socks from JJill

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

For extra cushioning, if you're interested, try the Men's Dept.  

That depends on your foot/sock size.

I have large-ish feet, and find that men's socks are very durable.  Especially for wearing boots, and other shoes.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

LOVE Hot Socks from Amazon.  Finally that the seam doesn't get under the ball of my foot and make me sore!

Honored Contributor

With my boots I wear Barefoot Dreams Cozychic Socks - they are not heavy, the perfect length for slouching for me, and are so comfy. 

7E3CE1D6-3CD8-457B-B887-9F50402B6E1F.jpeg