Honored Contributor

I've been working at Chicos since summer.  The sweetest manager who is the sweetest thirty year old you ever, ever met and the team is so wonderful it breaks my heart!

Love the clothes since everything isn't covered with sequences!

The company pulls back time after it is given to you and unless you want to be a manager (the duties are horrible) and you don't get hours!  I got four (Yes, 4) hours over a two week period!!!  I don't know how anyone could work here without another income!

I'm on to work with a designer company!  I can't sit still!  (And one can do only SO many lunches)!

Do you see a certain person when you shop at chicos?  She's probably an asst. mgr.!  They get a whopping 25-30 hours a week!  Horrible!

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG

I'm going to guess that the company you work for is like a lot of retailers in that they do not want to pay anyone full time because they would be entitled to company benefits. Chico's like many retailers is also having a difficult year financially.

This article is from October about Chico's appointing a new president to hopefully turn things around:

From the Retail Dive website:

http://www.retaildive.com/news/chicos-names-new-president-to-turn-around-struggling-brand/427913/

Good luck with your new job!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG I personally know you and I can saw without a doubt it's Chico's loss.  They had a jewel and didn't have enough sense to let it shine.  Love you! Your Buddy Annabelle.

Honored Contributor

We outsource our security team to a security guard company, and they do the same thing to them.  They keep them at 30 hours a week or less so that they don't have to pay OT or benefits.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Where I live their stores always seem to be well-staffed so I'm surprised to hear this.

Respected Contributor

I'm really surprised to hear this.  I worked at a sister store-Soma. When I was hired I made it clear I only wanted to work a few hours per week (15-18) and I didn't want to work more than three days per week.  The manager agreed to this.  

When I left, I was working 6, 7 and 8 days in a row.  5 hours per day.  I was a good seller and the manager wanted me there because I helped the store make goal.  None of the really good sellers were ever lacking in hours. 

The store I worked in was one of the top grossing stores in the country and was always busy.  

I left under good terms, letting them know I just wasn't interested in working over 20 hours per week.  The manager said I could come back anytime I wanted to.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

I have a co-worker who has worked part time for Chicos for several years and she says the exact same thing.  I doubt she's ever been offerend just 4 hours, that wouldn't even cover her parking.  But she often gripes that while she can count on 10 hours on a Saturday, she never gets the 20 hours a week she was hired for.  B&M stores are suffering, that's just the way that industry is. 

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Where I live their stores always seem to be well-staffed so I'm surprised to hear this.

@tansy,Yes, they are well staffed.  Most of those ladies are on SS and just want a little extra money here and there.  These two weeks I have 4 hours.  Not per day, just one day over 14 days total!  

The ladies you see in there are a manager, and assistant managers who in our store, have thirty hours at the very most in addition to being the only staff during January and February.

The part time are in the hopeful stage.  They haven't had enough time to realize what's happening.  No one can support themselves without other income.

I'm bored to death sitting home all the time and there's only so many lunches one can go out and eat and still get in your clothes, LOL!

Google:  What is it like to work at Chicos?  It's all over the company and not recent.

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

@ECBG

I'm going to guess that the company you work for is like a lot of retailers in that they do not want to pay anyone full time because they would be entitled to company benefits. Chico's like many retailers is also having a difficult year financially.

This article is from October about Chico's appointing a new president to hopefully turn things around:

From the Retail Dive website:

http://www.retaildive.com/news/chicos-names-new-president-to-turn-around-struggling-brand/427913/

Good luck with your new job!

@TYThanks so much for the article.  This isn't new at all.  I asked a part time lady that I bought from for ten years and she said it's been the norm for about eight  years or so.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@ECBG I personally know you and I can saw without a doubt it's Chico's loss.  They had a jewel and didn't have enough sense to let it shine.  Love you! Your Buddy Annabelle.

@Annabellethecat66Thank you luv!  The store I'm going to is absolutely amazing!  The finest silks, wools, cottons, and leathers!  This is clothing from trunk shows!  Judges, legislators, doctors, and stylists shop here!

This clothing is equal to or better to Ralph Lauren Black Label!  

I wish you were here!  You'd love these beautiful things!

( think my first goody will be their red patterened leather belt $190! from $450!!!!!)!