Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

our local store is also very well staffed and full of clothing and accessories. it is a stand alone chicos (not in a mall) and is only about a mile away from me.

interestingly though, i buy online more than i go into the store. i can find more coupon codes and specials online than they offer in the store so i like to take advantage of that......plus i use the rebate sites for extra cash back. i also always get free shipping for being a passport member.

@sunshine45They always have your coupons plus racks that are marked down.  The stores also have flash sales.

@ECBG

yes, they always DO have YOUR coupons, but they dont always honor the coupon codes found outside of your own emails. for example, in any given month someone may receive a $25 off of $100......someone else may receive the $25 off of $50. they usually dont have that $25 off of $50 on your account if it wasnt sent to you, but i CAN use it online if i have the number.

this is a company that acts a bit like qvc in one way. i used to post coupon codes on their facebook page for all to use. they kept deleting those posts. other coupon sites have posted these codes and at least two of them that i use can no longer post the codes because  they were sent letters by chicos management.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Good Bye Chicos!

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

our local store is also very well staffed and full of clothing and accessories. it is a stand alone chicos (not in a mall) and is only about a mile away from me.

interestingly though, i buy online more than i go into the store. i can find more coupon codes and specials online than they offer in the store so i like to take advantage of that......plus i use the rebate sites for extra cash back. i also always get free shipping for being a passport member.

The free shipping sure comes at a price though.  My purchases take two weeks to arrive.  It's the same with J Jill.

Honored Contributor

I shop Chico's online (and only with 50% off coupons) because I despise their hard sell the moment you walk in the door.  Their sales associates always reminded me of the one Julia Roberts encountered in Pretty Woman.  I felt like saying, "you're the one working and I am not."

Remember when the fitting rooms had no mirrors and you had to go out into the store area to see yourself?  Awful.

Honored Contributor

Trust me I dont, I live in suburban NYC and there is shoping on every street down here 

@jackthebear wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have tried to shop in Chicos several times, last time the sales person was so in my face and pretty snobish, implying that I was unable to afford some of the styles, I walked out quickly muttering I can go across the street to Lord and Taylor and be left alone.

you know what @I am still oxox don't ever let that happen everyone's money is the same color.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

The free shipping sure comes at a price though.  My purchases take two weeks to arrive.  It's the same with J Jill.

my items rarely take two weeks.....usually about a week, maybe a day or two more. that is fine with me because i am usually never in a rush for anything.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45They always have your coupons plus racks that are marked down.  The stores also have flash sales.

@ECBG

yes, they always DO have YOUR coupons, but they dont always honor the coupon codes found outside of your own emails. for example, in any given month someone may receive a $25 off of $100......someone else may receive the $25 off of $50. they usually dont have that $25 off of $50 on your account if it wasnt sent to you, but i CAN use it online if i have the number.

this is a company that acts a bit like qvc in one way. i used to post coupon codes on their facebook page for all to use. they kept deleting those posts. other coupon sites have posted these codes and at least two of them that i use can no longer post the codes because  they were sent letters by chicos management.

@sunshine45,I think I know what you're talking about.  To achieve "pasport" status, your purchases  must reach $500 (cumulative) at some point.  Special coupons are sent out to passport customers.  Since everyone has a customer number the company or the register won't let non passport use a passport coupon.  It sounds like the number you shared was ment for your tier of spending.

When there is a 50% off of your highest item of a $100.00 sale, a 30%

off of the entire store, and such, everyone gets that.

Belk has the very same thing.  They have a Premier (new) card a middle card, and an Elite card.  Elite cards get almost no exclusion 25% off over two consecutive days twice a year including Eileen Fisher and makeup.  If a premier card holder brings in that elite coupon, the registure won't accept it.

Belk does drastically discount through their Charity Day, twice a year.  This is open to all card holders, and if you were to open a card during cherity presale, you would get an extra 20% off of those prices.

Respected Contributor

Whew!  The title of the thread scared me.  I thought it was going out of business.  Chico's is my favorite store.  As a rather busty person, I love that there tops fit me.  Usually, if I can't wear my usual size in an item I can either go up or down a size and it works.  My biggest problem at Chico's is limiting myself to a budget.  This opposed to other stores where I might try on 20 things and only 1 or 2 fit.

I do buy a lot in store but I also purchase online often.  You do really have to watch their sale prices carefully though because they change frequently and something might be $80 one day, then $39, then the next week back to $80.   But if you check frequently you can catch some super deals. 

If there is an expensive new item I want that costs over $100, I make myself wait until they have the 50% off your highest item over $100 coupon code (usually on Thursdays.)  

Respected Contributor

@shoptheQ wrote:

It is literally "good bye Chico's" here at a local mall - they closed the store a couple weeks ago.  I live in the NW suburbs of Chicago.  I agree with other poster - no petites sizes were in the store so they were crossed off my list a long time ago.

My local store doesn't have petites, but I go try on the regular ones to see how they fit, then go home and order online.  I think only the larger stores carry the petites.   I wish all stores carried them though.   I need petites in pants, dresses, and coats, but not in regular tops.  

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox,I am SO sorry for what happened to you!  Also, I just saw this!  I SO wish you had gotten her name and contacted corporate or asked to see the manager.  Unexcusable!

The over all main manager usually doesn't work at night because she often comes in before the store opens and does computer work, but she does have the largest number of hours.  You don't have a way to know if this assocoate was an asst. mgr or sales associate.  It won't really do much to go to one asst. mgr about another asst mgr.

You could call and ask when the main manager is working and shop then. All of them go by "store manager".

Honored Contributor

@ECBG

The you that was just about a year ago and I have not been back in the store since, I am lucky to have Lord and Taylor, Ann Taylor and a few others with in the same strip mall

@ECBG wrote:

@I am still oxox,I am SO sorry for what happened to you!  Also, I just saw this!  I SO wish you had gotten her name and contacted corporate or asked to see the manager.  Unexcusable!

The over all main manager usually doesn't work at night because she often comes in before the store opens and does computer work, but she does have the largest number of hours.  You don't have a way to know if this assocoate was an asst. mgr or sales associate.  It won't really do much to go to one asst. mgr about another asst mgr.

You could call and ask when the main manager is working and shop then. All of them go by "store manager".

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.