Honored Contributor

@Bri21

I don't usually like Meryl Streep either but I missed it tonight. I just saw Evan Rachel Wood, who I did not even recognize, in a full tux with tails?!

Incidentally Viola Davis looks amazing in that yellow! The dress itself was pretty nondescript

Honored Contributor

Andreatoo wrote:

If you're able to I suggest watching live from the red carpet on E in I think 10 minutes. A lot of these dresses are not done much justice by the still photos

I agree, @Andreatoo.   I'm surprised at the difference in some of these, as shown here.   Many of the dresses looked  much better on screen/on stage.    Makes me wonder if they're designed that way, knowing how the live camera will photograph them.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Emma Stone looked lovely. So did Giuliana Rancic.

The red carpet is big business and everyone gets a piece of the pie -- from the celeb, the stylist, the makeup artist, the hairdresser, and the companies that dress and accessorize the celeb.

The Business of Fashion website has an interesting article about how this all works:

https://www.businessoffashion.com/articles/intelligence/how-celebrity-image-makers-are-cashing-in

How Celebrity Image-Makers Capitalise on the Red Carpet

Regular Contributor

@chi5925 wrote:

I'm usually a fan of her red carpet style, but what in the &(*&^% was she thinking when she put on this outfit?

I don't know whether she's channeling Heidi (with that hairdo) or  whether she borrowed someone's old bridesmaid dress.

Seriously, she needs to FIRE her stylist.  And guess what....Vera Wang designed that dress.  Jeez!

SJP2.jpg

Just awful...the dress, the makeup, the hair.  I guess even a fashion star can have a bad day.  NIcole Kidman had a bad fashion night as well...and then she had to present with Reese Witherspoon who knocked it out of the park.

Respected Contributor

@chi5925 wrote:

I'm usually a fan of her red carpet style, but what in the &(*&^% was she thinking when she put on this outfit?

I don't know whether she's channeling Heidi (with that hairdo) or  whether she borrowed someone's old bridesmaid dress.

Seriously, she needs to FIRE her stylist.  And guess what....Vera Wang designed that dress.  Jeez!

SJP2.jpg

That's horrible. And she needs to do something with her hair. Not just this awful mess, but in general. It is not flattering to her face at all. She needs something around her forehead, side-swept bangs or something. 

Esteemed Contributor

Giuliana Rancic, 2017 Golden Globes, Arrivals

Regular Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

OMG I'm looking at pictures via Yahoo and Anna Kendrick has one of the uglist dresses I've ever seen.

I don't hate the dress but the color is just blah.  Any jewel tone would have made it a hit instead of a miss.

Respected Contributor

@IShopQ wrote:

@sandraskates wrote:

OMG I'm looking at pictures via Yahoo and Anna Kendrick has one of the uglist dresses I've ever seen.

I don't hate the dress but the color is just blah.  Any jewel tone would have made it a hit instead of a miss.

I actually like the color, it's that awful mess up top. Unusual color and surprisingly flattering with her skin tone. 

Honored Contributor

Apparently Emma Stone is a bit of a smartass! I like it LOL

As for the Vera Wang debacle with Sarah Jessica Parker she more than made up for it with that lovely and ethereal feminine dress that she put Hailee Steinfeld in

Regular Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

here are qvc top stylist ANGELOs top three picks.......

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15826706_915672135477_435245006613787560_n.jpg?oh=bc09260f33125b3352c5e8db589a828e&oe=58E6D5D6

My top three Golden Globe red carpet looks. #fashionfollow #fashionstyle #fashionatylist #style #stylist #fashion #seniorstylist #goldenglobes #redcarpet #mrtrendy #mrtrendychic #mrtrendychicforpresident

Oh please...leaving half the dress on the cutting room table does not make the resulting garment high fashion.  All I see here is a lack of imagination...