Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Golden Globes Fashion 2020

I have 3 top picks for best-dressed.  #1 being Ana de Armas (sp?) - I have no idea who she is but the dress is a classic and fits to perfection.

#2 is Rachel Weisz (sp?) - there is no picture of her here, but when she presented on stage she had on a classic black strapless sequin fitted dress with a white border on top, which again I thought was very classic, pretty, and fit very well.

#3 - Zoe Seldana (sp?) - very cute.  She is so petite so the large polka dots on the bottom skirt looked so cute on her.

and is Brad Pitt handsome or what?  I think so.

Selma Hayek looked like she had on a bathing suit with a cheap sarong on the bottom.  Very trashy look.  Taylor Swift's dress was awful.  I think that's the worst I've seen her look.  Cate Blanchett's cut out dress under her chest looked so crepey when she was on stage.  I assume it was sheer fabric that had crinkled thus causing the crepey look - gasp!!  Shocked at J Lo - another poster got it right when she commented that Christmas is Over J Lo. 

And some of these men have aged terribly.  What happened to Al Pacino?  So handsome and groomed as a young man and now this?  He looks homeless.  I did get a kick out of Jason Mamoa in the tank top - I noticed that.  I like him but he's not getting any younger and that look isn't gonna work for him in the long run.  He's got such a nice face and physique, if he had a better haircut and a shave he'd be handsome again.

I didn't mind Ricky Gervais as host.  Some of his quips were bleeped out.  But he speaks the truth and doesn't become intimidated by all these people.  I sort of like him.  Well that's my take.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Valued Contributor

Salma Hayek looks like she's wearing a bathing suit and cover up.

Honored Contributor

Not to leave the men out but Brad Pitt looked sooooooooo good.  His hair, his tux, he is one handsome man and I have never been fond of blonds but he is the one exception.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN  found a pic. of Rachel Weisz

Image result for rachel weisz golden globes 2020

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Oh boy, this is a J NO for me. Yikes 

gettyimages-1197737866.jpg

Poor taste in both fashion and men......

Respected Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

@jellyBEAN  found a pic. of Rachel Weisz

Image result for rachel weisz golden globes 2020

Thank you for posting the pic.  When I see it here I think I've changed my mind.  The bottom part looks too long and ill fitting.  I will fill her #2 spot w/Helen Mirren - the dress appeared a much livlier red when she presented on TV then pictured here.  She really has a great stylist.

I also want to add about Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban.  I can't stand looking at him and that horrible haircut he's worn for all eternity. 

I think Leonardo Di Caprio is good looking.  The best part of the whole show was when Brad Pitt and Leonardo paired up to present an award.  I think it was all downhill after that. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Super Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

Just tuned in to the program and spotted Jason Mamoa who took his jacket off at  this formal occasion and he's sitting in a black tank top. 🙄

What I saw was his wife, Lisa Bonet, sitting next to him and wearing his jacket. Perhaps she was cold. He did have his jacket on when he presented with Lisa's daughter Zoe Kravitz.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Super Contributor

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

I know I'm in the minority but can't stand Taylor Swift. ...or the dress

Can't stand her either, talk about overrated.

Super Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Jane Levy... A+

See all the stars at the 2020 Golden Globes

Really love this dress.

Respected Contributor

Original Chopra gets my vote for best dressed.  I saw her quickly and she's dressed in a beautiful pink strapless. What a stunning face and figure!