Trusted Contributor

Re: Golden Globe Fashions 2018

[ Edited ]
@Katcat1 wrote:

One woman, only one, showed up in a red dress with a slit up to her upper leg crease.  OMG!  I can't believe she would show up if she knew what was going on in that dress.  Rather strange.  There was one black outfit that also had pants almost like a lounging outfit that I liked and I actually thought Kendall Jenner was very chic.  How about you?  What were your favorites?

Cat Very HappyHeart

• The woman with peek-a-boo red dress with  the slit up to the leg crease was lovely..  She looked very hot and sexy in her dress.  Great legs!  I love the look.  And wish more dresses like that were offered at department stores.  I would buy a few.  
Honored Contributor

I didn't watch but I have more respect for the woman who wore what she wanted to wear. The woman who knows that fashion choices on awards shows don't lead to social change.

Respected Contributor

I think the message was if you were nominated or a presenter, but certainly not required. There were a few women that didn’t have black but that could be a lot of reasons why they didn’t. One, that they had already chosen their dress and paid for it and didn’t have any choice.

in the main area at the stage I saw no one not in black. 

Regular Contributor

At 72 Helen Mirren is the epitome of grace and elegance.D66A7469-B171-4BD1-A5ED-6B14522CEB19.jpeg

Super Contributor

I thought a lot of the women at the Golden Globes looked trashy.

What message is this sending to the male population?

They want respect, yet they put on a T and A show. 

Who exactly was that for?

They are trashy and phony.

Respected Contributor

I say  BRAVO to the women who chose not to wear black.  They really don't need to have women tell them what color to wear.  They can think for themselves.

Honored Contributor

I thought the all-black was a tremendous show of solidarity.  It was not just the women, but most of the men also wore all black (including their shirts).  It was one night; it was not centered only on what has been going on in Hollywood, but for all women everywhere.

Of course women can wear whatever color they want.  The focus was not to demand compliance, it was to show support.  Should they have carried huge signs  instead?  Should they have all worn multi-colored ribbons instead?

For once, it was not about the fashion consequences of the  gowns and suits they chose. Social change never occurs by any one version of support, but by an accumulation of standing up, speaking out, and visibly coming together.  So yes, wear black last night.  I applaud it.  It did not hurt anyone.  Perhaps it gave others, especially those not in the entertainment industry, strength to feel they are not alone.

Honored Contributor

What? The Golden Globes were on??? Woman Very Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I really couldn't remember her dress, but omg those earrings are incredible!

catherine-zeta-jones-golden-globes-earrings-t.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee I think I saw quite a few people wearing large emerald earrings.  I wondered if it was a trend (but agree, her’s were beautiful.)

I loved the idea of the display of solidarity and it was quite stunning to see the sea of black in the audience.  But, I also thought that it would give rise to bullying for anyone who didn’t conform - which is opposite of what the intent was. 

Also, for a completely superficial reason, I found the red carpet boring with all black!  I don’t think I could tell you who was best or worse dressed; can barely even remember what everyone wore. Fashion Police would have nothing to talk about, if it were still on!