Honored Contributor

Re: Golden Globe Fashions 2018

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I really couldn't remember her dress, but omg those earrings are incredible!

catherine-zeta-jones-golden-globes-earrings-t.jpg

@SilleeMee....and one of the most natural, over 50, “not pulled tight” faces in Hollywood. I applaud her acceptance. She looks beautiful.

She'll always be much younger than her husband! No need to opt for surgery!

She did have facial surgery-a couple years ago. She talked about it.

Honored Contributor

I wonder how many of the men in the audience, showing solidarity with the women, will be proven to be hypocrites...  Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

Does anyone really give a hoot about any one of these stars. They truly believe they make a difference. How sad for them!!
Honored Contributor

@ANewHue   I think Oprah over did herself as usual.  Loves to be the center of attention and I wish she would just go away.  I want to slap her in the face when she does the WW commercials. Sick of her voice and just sick of her period.  

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Her earrings are beautiful! I’m the same age as her and (truly not bragging here) I have hardly any wrinkles. My British Mum taught me very early on about skin care. And I’ve followed what she taught me all my life. Partly genetic but, also good clean skin care. CZJ is a beautiful, stunning look. I’m Ute her body is much better than mine!
Maybe she put on or her make up artist put on way too much foundation and it settled in her wrinkles. I rarely wear full foundation~last time was my daughters wedding nearly two years ago. I use good skin care products &?a bit of iT coverup, mascara and a manly liner I like. Then just a nude lip.
IMHO~less is more with make up after 50. It works for me!
Valued Contributor

About the fake tans......that lady Rancic (can't think of her first name) was interviewing Cait Balf (Outlander), and the difference in skin color between the two was just so obvious.  Rancic had that deep fake tan and she looked so , well, FAKE. Cait Balf was natural and beautiful.  What a huge difference.

Honored Contributor

I watched it from the beginning to the end. I've always loved film, TV, and theater award shoes. I have great respect for entertainers.

I don't usually pay too much attention to wardrobes, but I do think that wearing black for solidarity was the perfect and very classy choice. And I thought that almost everyone looked amazing.

For those asserting hypocrisy on the part of these women who, while expressing themselves, often dress provocatively -- apples and oranges. There is no reason that a woman can't wear an alluring outfit and still have strong views about sexual harassment and abuse. Just for the record, I'm not speaking of the one in red.

I think that in general the show was tasteful yet powerful in driving home a much-needed message. And I was impressed by the catalogue of O's work and blown away by her incredibly powerful and seemingly extemporaneous speech. I hope that she continues to work on behalf of those who need such help more than ever.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland