Honored Contributor

Golden Globe Fashions 2018

[ Edited ]

One woman, only one, showed up in a red dress with a slit up to her upper leg crease.  OMG!  I can't believe she would show up if she knew what was going on in that dress.  Rather strange.  There was one black outfit that also had pants almost like a lounging outfit that I liked and found out it was Alison Brie wearing it and I actually thought Kendall Jenner was very chic.  How about you?  What were your favorites?

Cat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Golden Globe Fashions 2018

The best dress was on Chantel from Today Show.  She is very petite and I loved the high low hemline with white lining.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are so many pretty ones. I don't have a favorite.

I wonder if the woman with the red dress is regretting her decision or if she doesn't care and knows she will be remembered, but she may also have a lot of negative opinions towards her.

It also is a very revealing (and I think unflattering) dress.

And I don't remember her name.Oh Blanca Blanco(Is that her real name?)

Blanca Blanco decided less is more for her barely-there dress

also this one not in black-

There was a lot going on with the gown

Barbara Meier

WEll-(to me)

Never judge someone. Blanca has a master's in social work. She grew up with a very stron work ethic and is active with many charities that help with homelessness, poverty. Very impressive. It would be interesting to hear why she chose not to wear black.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

There was a lot going on with the gown

Barbara Meier

WEll-(to me)

Never judge someone. Blanca has a master's in social work. She grew up with a very stron work ethic and is active with many charities that help with homelessness, poverty. Very impressive. It would be interesting to hear why she chose not to wear black.

I haven't heard one way or another, but it looks like a LOT of time went into that dress.  She may have obligated herself to wearing it before the all-black movement started.

It will be interesting to see any backlash on social media because she didn't wear black (not going to comment on the red dress because it just looks tacky).  

Honored Contributor

Gal Gadot, my favorite always

gal-gadot2.jpg

Catherine Zeta Jones 😲

nintchdbpict000376730586-e1515373221196.jpg

Diane Kruger, her dress looked amazing on stage

nintchdbpict0003767471431-e1515374761463.jpg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

Wish they would have picked a different color to show solidarity.  All in black they look like a bunch of crows!

Honored Contributor

Really was a challenge to find a way to stand out in the crowd, be alluring without being too revealing or garish....What I loved the most was that the hair, makeup  and jewelry were center stage.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay. The wearer of the red dress: Sometimes it’s not always appropriate to try to stand out in the crowd.

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

Wish they would have picked a different color to show solidarity.  All in black they look like a bunch of crows!

@KathyM23  ITA, but there is the “thing” of the little black dress and besides, if they said, “We’re all going to wear chartreuse”, how many women would have agreed?

Honored Contributor

original (1).jpeg1468679918-012-vivien-leigh-theredlist.jpg  

Catherine Zetta & Vivian Leigh 💖