Honored Contributor

By today's standards those fashions are matronly.

Honored Contributor

I always like the long, vertical lines of the clothes Dorothy wore.  For years she often wore a pair of long, tubular, oval silver earrings.  I've looked and looked for a similar pair.  Still looking.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

One of them sold her lounging outfits on vintage QVC for a time. I think it was Blanche?😊

I confess to admiring Jessica Fletcher's outfits on "Murder She Wrote." She is tall, like myself, and most of her classic clothing I love. Her jewelry is always coordinated to her outfit and she wears both warm and cool palettes.

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

One of them sold her lounging outfits on vintage QVC for a time. I think it was Blanche?😊

I confess to admiring Jessica Fletcher's outfits on "Murder She Wrote." She is tall, like myself, and most of her classic clothing I love. Her jewelry is always coordinated to her outfit and she wears both warm and cool palettes.

Oh yes!  I like many of the outfits that Jessica Fletcher wears.  I look best in warm colors and really like some of her choices!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

I like some of Margaret Wright's (Marcia Gay Harden) outfits on So Help Me Todd. Her eyewear and jewelry are great.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I like some of Margaret Wright's (Marcia Gay Harden) outfits on So Help Me Todd. Her eyewear and jewelry are great.

I really enjoy her acting @SilleeMee . Be sure and see her in "Mona Lisa Smile." Great little film about 50's college life for women. She teaches elocution and etiquette.

Regular Contributor

I, too, like Jessica Fletcher of Murder She Wrote.  Her tailored clothes with the shoulder pads were so attractive. I read once that she cut her own hair.

I also watch Designing Women every night and liked their clothes, too.  They all had big hair (I love big hair) and Julia's suits were beautiful.  They seemed to have a modified peplum.  I think maybe she didn't have much of a waistline and that was the reason for the peplums

Esteemed Contributor

Not being from Florida, I always thought it was strange that they wore SO MANY CLOTHES! Including fur coats! doesn't mean they weren't beautiful for the time period (always loved when they got dressed up for an event!).  I just always thought it was odd

Super Contributor

If the internet was around when this show originally showed new episodes, I would be living in a bigger house!  I loved the sweaters Blanche wore!  I wrote letters to try and find some.  I did see a few in stores and bought them.  I. B. Diffusion was the label.

Esteemed Contributor

Ah @mildoo I really liked Designing Women and especially Julia's wonderful clothes!