Trusted Contributor

Re: Going-Out Tops To Add to Your ‘Hot Vax Summer’ Wardrobe Lineup #7

@Shanus wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

And then they expect men to keep their cool.  That is just playing jezebel.  Like putting candy in front of a child.............

Do you keep your cool when you see an attractive man? Or are you compelled to cop a feel because it's like candy to a child?

I for one have never lost my cool and tried to assault any attractive man- half dressed or not. Maybe I'm the ununsual one....

@JamandBread   Nope, you're the only one. I never have lost my "cool" either. It's called respect for another person and for yourself.

I'm tired of men being excused for assault and harrasment because a female is showing skin. I know they are the weaker sex and all, but mama needs to teach them to keep their hands to themselves. Their hoots, hollars and grunts too.

Honored Contributor

@JamandBread  I'm hoping the newer generations are realizing women are not "s*x objects. In the meanwhile, to protect ourselves from those who do not know better, there's no need to flaunt your "goods". 

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl  Why are there several threads with the same title posting provocative outfits?

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@JamandBread  I'm hoping the newer generations are realizing women are not "s*x objects. In the meanwhile, to protect ourselves from those who do not know better, there's no need to flaunt your "goods". 

Families are teaching their sons not to assault. I feel positive about the upcoming generations.

Women don't have "goods". They have bodies. Wearing clothes that one feels are attractive and one feels good in is not flaunting. It's wearing.

Patriarchal thinking is alive and well. At least in the older generations.

Honored Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Families are teaching their sons not to assault. I feel positive about the upcoming generations.

Women don't have "goods". They have bodies. Wearing clothes that one feels are attractive and one feels good in is not flaunting. It's wearing.

@JamandBread   Maybe we have to agree to disagree. "Bodies" or "goods", if a woman presents herself in a seductive manner, some men WILL see that as permission to take advantage. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@JamandBread   Maybe we have to agree to disagree. "Bodies" or "goods", if a woman presents herself in a seductive manner, some men WILL see that as permission to take advantage. 

Perhaps. Seduction is in the eye of the beholder. If you were raised with little respect for women, you will see anything as seductive if it justifies lewd remarks or unwanted touching. The problem is with the man, not the woman and her clothes.

I have met men who present themselves as flirty and seductive. Never felt the need to touch them or leer. Ever.

Honored Contributor

Some men will follow, stalk, etc.

Lots of past and present cases regarding following, stalking, and even worse.

Better to somewhat 'cover-up' while walking around, especially when alone. 

Jmo, of course.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure what Hot Vax Summer means but the 13 year Olds who could wear that top without spilling out all over the place are not posting on this board.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JamandBread wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

And then they expect men to keep their cool.  That is just playing jezebel.  Like putting candy in front of a child.............

Do you keep your cool when you see an attractive man? Or are you compelled to cop a feel because it's like candy to a child?

I for one have never lost my cool and tried to assault any attractive man- half dressed or not. Maybe I'm the ununsual one....

@JamandBread 

I haven't seen any men lately wearing thong swim trunks showing their entire butts or walking around with half of their men parts hanging out so for me I couldn't say if I'd keep my cool. And isn't the whole point of women who go out with their breasts hanging out to attract male attention rather than just to make themselves feel good? Or maybe I'm missing something. 

Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

@JamandBread 

I haven't seen any men lately wearing thong swim trunks showing their entire butts or walking around with half of their men parts hanging out so for me I couldn't say if I'd keep my cool. And isn't the whole point of women who go out with their breasts hanging out to attract male attention rather than just to make themselves feel good? Or maybe I'm missing something. 

If you saw that, would you become uncontrollable? I've seen plenty of buff men at the gym, on the beach, wearing very little. It has never provoked an urge to touch or leer. Many females dress for themselves. Not every female seeks male attention. In fact, many females can feel just great about themselves without any male validation at all. I'm nearly 60. I get no male attention. I dress for me and I feel fabulous. Sometimes I even show some cleavage and I don't even care who sees.