Esteemed Contributor

Re: Going-Out Tops To Add to Your ‘Hot Vax Summer’ Wardrobe Lineup #7

@Shanus wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@JamandBread  I'm hoping the newer generations are realizing women are not "s*x objects. In the meanwhile, to protect ourselves from those who do not know better, there's no need to flaunt your "goods". 

Families are teaching their sons not to assault. I feel positive about the upcoming generations.

Women don't have "goods". They have bodies. Wearing clothes that one feels are attractive and one feels good in is not flaunting. It's wearing.

Patriarchal thinking is alive and well. At least in the older generations.

@JamandBread   Maybe we have to agree to disagree. "Bodies" or "goods", if a woman presents herself in a seductive manner, some men WILL see that as permission to take advantage. 

Thankfully, I don't know anyone who thinks this way.  Maybe your thinking is the issue here.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm not sure what Hot Vax Summer means but the 13 year Olds who could wear that top without spilling out all over the place are not posting on this board.

I don't see this as clothing for children.  It s appropriate for adult women.  Tops like this have been around for at least 30 years, and are popular wear at parties, clubs, restaurants in the summer.

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl The breasts are covered in the featured top.

Esteemed Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:
Each post was featured a different top.

Yes, but this op typically includes many garments in one thread.  Not sure what she was trying for here, with so many threads on the same topic.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

Yes, but this op typically includes many garments in one thread.  Not sure what she was trying for here, with so many threads on the same topic.

@NYCLatinaMe 

to 'expose' the misogyny on this board perhaps?

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe 

Yes, each thread was about a different item. It's no different than what several regular posters do. Daily posts about a singular item.  It's just about conversation and it appears they did spur conversation and maybe some shopping. 

How about questioning the posters that are celebrity hounds - especially the one that seems to enjoy posting celebrity'bait' - political affiliation or controversial celebrities knowing that it creates conflict and eventually the threads blow up or are shut down. What's the purpose? It's not about the fashion...

And how about the supposed professional expert that watches YouTube videos and posts the techniques as if they were her own knowledge? And pictures of professional models that she claims are of herself? Deceiving posters with a phony persona. 

Have a good weekend! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@shaggygirl The breasts are covered in the featured top.

@NYCLatinaMe 

I can't find where I said they weren't. 

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe 

Yes, each thread was about a different item. It's no different than what several regular posters do. Daily posts about a singular item.  It's just about conversation and it appears they did spur conversation and maybe some shopping. 

How about questioning the posters that are celebrity hounds - especially the one that seems to enjoy posting celebrity'bait' - political affiliation or controversial celebrities knowing that it creates conflict and eventually the threads blow up or are shut down. What's the purpose? It's not about the fashion...

And how about the supposed professional expert that watches YouTube videos and posts the techniques as if they were her own knowledge? And pictures of professional models that she claims are of herself? Deceiving posters with a phony persona. 

Have a good weekend! 

@Chi-town girl  👏🏻 👏🏻 👏🏻