Super Contributor
Jackie G. mentioned that she wished ladies would wear gloves again like they did in the 50's and 40's. I always thought that was a great idea. It keeps the sun off your hands and of course to keep your hands cleaner. Ladylike.
Super Contributor

Honored Contributor

While it's a nice lady-like look, gloves drive me nuts.  They're great unless you want to do something.  I especially remember being a kid in church wearing my white gloves and I couldn't get my money out of my purse to put in the collection plate unless I took the gloves off.

I'm the same way today.  I'll wear gloves for warmth but as soon as I have to do something.... off they come.  I can't wear them gardening either.....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I've always worn gloves when I can. Will wear them during fall/winter to church when it's chilly. I wore a favorite pair of black opera length leather gloves to a formal tea last April.

LorraineTea2.JPG

Honored Contributor

Gloves and cell phones?   Probably not.

Honored Contributor

First somebody want us to wear matching shoes and handbags, now gloves.  I suppose hats or those fascinators like British women wear will be next.  Are we going back 50 years?  No thanks!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I wear the work type gloves in and out of the house.   I do wear leather gloves on occasion mostly for driving.   It has been so long since I have worn my dress gloves to church.  I do know a lady who belongs to an organization where several times a year she has to dress up.  Long dress and with matching long gloves.  Of course she can't wear the same outfit again.  Her husband has a fit everytime she has to go shop for this event.  She refuses to shop in her closets of dresses collected over many years.  Someone might recognize the dress.  I don't understand her.  She should donate them to an organization that helps young ladies dress for a prom.  From what I have seen they are all simple long dresses with various necklines that would be easy to style for the young ladies.

Honored Contributor

Gloves and girdles go together 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Gloves and girdles go together 

OMG!  Not girdles too.  Next it'll be stockings with seams.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

My mother's top dresser drawer was devoted to gloves.

Not for me; I hated those white cotton, seam-on-the-outside gloves I had to wear as a child.  I kinda wish hats would come back, though.