Valued Contributor

Re: Glad to be alive after my Appendix burst!!

I would just like to say to you girls thank you so much for your kind words. I have been out of town for a few days and wasn't able to thank you.  

There are some very sweet and caring girls on this forum and I really appreciate that.

I am still very weak and can't do alot but I am well on my way to recovery. 

My best to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for checking in Cookie. Glad you are on the mend. Smiley Happy

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Himi lover wrote:
Win, I can't quote because of the iPad issue. I didn't have the usual pain in my side, or the normal symptoms associated with appendicitis. That's why the hospital docs weren't sure what was going on. It was localized around my belly button. So, they weren't sure what it was either. Yes, you are lucky to be alive! Peritonitis is extremely serious.

Hi Himi.  I agree.  They did a CT scan and confirmed that it was a ruptured appendix.  Unfortunately, I was at a satellite location of a large hospital, and it took the surgeon 8 hours to get to me.  I was in SO much pain.  Then, he did it lap which was a mistake as I had an infection everywhere, and he couldn't clean it all out--hence all the complications.  I laid in the hospital bed for a week, and I begged to be released.  I was SO sick. I had NO idea what was going on.  I had a bowel obstruction and had peritonitis and was readmitted for another month with heavy antibiotics, etc.  I had more bowel obstructions, and it was just terrible.  I had an ng tube for 23 days which was just terrible.  It was 3 months of h#ll.  

One has to have an advocate.  My surgeon was awful.  I ended up getting another one after I was readmiited as the "idiot" was going to Sutton's Bay in MI for vacation on his lake home--thank goodness!!!!

I pray I don't get another bowel obstruction again.  This can happen years down the road due to what I went through.  I had another bowel obstruciton 2 years after I was released due to scar tissue forming again.  Fortunately, I was only back in the hosptal with an ng tube for a week.  I opened up after 6 or 7 days.  It was a miserable experience and very traumatic due to the pain and hosptial stay.  I don't wish my experience on anyone.

Thanks

I'm sorry for what you went through as well!!! Smiley Happy 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Himi lover wrote:
Win, I can't quote because of the iPad issue. I didn't have the usual pain in my side, or the normal symptoms associated with appendicitis. That's why the hospital docs weren't sure what was going on. It was localized around my belly button. So, they weren't sure what it was either. Yes, you are lucky to be alive! Peritonitis is extremely serious.

Hi Himi.  I agree.  They did a CT scan and confirmed that it was a ruptured appendix.  Unfortunately, I was at a satellite location of a large hospital, and it took the surgeon 8 hours to get to me.  I was in SO much pain.  Then, he did it lap which was a mistake as I had an infection everywhere, and he couldn't clean it all out--hence all the complications.  I laid in the hospital bed for a week, and I begged to be released.  I was SO sick. I had NO idea what was going on.  I had a bowel obstruction and had peritonitis and was readmitted for another month with heavy antibiotics, etc.  I had more bowel obstructions, and it was just terrible.  I had an ng tube for 23 days which was just terrible.  It was 3 months of h#ll.  

One has to have an advocate.  My surgeon was awful.  I ended up getting another one after I was readmiited as the "idiot" was going to Sutton's Bay in MI for vacation on his lake home--thank goodness!!!!

I pray I don't get another bowel obstruction again.  This can happen years down the road due to what I went through.  I had another bowel obstruciton 2 years after I was released due to scar tissue forming again.  Fortunately, I was only back in the hosptal with an ng tube for a week.  I opened up after 6 or 7 days.  It was a miserable experience and very traumatic due to the pain and hosptial stay.  I don't wish my experience on anyone.

Thanks

Sorry to butt into the convo but, OMG Win!! Horrible experience!! I'm so sorry. SMH

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

@betteb wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Himi lover wrote:

Thanks

Sorry to butt into the convo but, OMG Win!! Horrible experience!! I'm so sorry. SMH

Thanks Betteb!  You are so sweet!  It was seriously the WORST experience of my life!!

hope all is well! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Win, my goodness. I had a nasogastric tube inserted end of January of this year. Awful experience having to swallow that thing. It was in for about 6 days. I hope I never have to do that again. You were one sick puppy and yes your surgeon was awful. NG tube was for something else I have going on now. 😞. Stinks getting older!
Honored Contributor

@Himi lover wrote:
Win, my goodness. I had a nasogastric tube inserted end of January of this year. Awful experience having to swallow that thing. It was in for about 6 days. I hope I never have to do that again. You were one sick puppy and yes your surgeon was awful. NG tube was for something else I have going on now. 😞. Stinks getting older!

Oh those NG tubes are AWFUL and mine was inserted while I was awake.  I tried to pull it out, lol.  I hope you were asleep HIMI.  It's dreadful getting one of those.  

Have a great Saturday! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Win, NO, I was awake and had to swallow it. It feels like you are choking. The nurse inserted it, had me scared to death, I think teasing me when she said, if you try to spit it out, or pull it out, "people have been known to nick a lung". Well that did it. A good girl I was.
Honored Contributor

@Himi lover wrote:
Win, NO, I was awake and had to swallow it. It feels like you are choking. The nurse inserted it, had me scared to death, I think teasing me when she said, if you try to spit it out, or pull it out, "people have been known to nick a lung". Well that did it. A good girl I was.

OH Himi!!  UGGGHh   My sister was fortunate to have hers inserted when she was "asleep".  I think it was right after her surgery, but I'm not sure.  I just remember trying to yank that horrifying piece of "equipment" out and the Dr. and nurse were looking at me like I was crazy, LOL. It seriuosly was awful.  I'm glad we are BOTH ok!!!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hello, Cookie06. Smiley Happy

Glad you're okay!

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder