Respected Contributor

OP's point was that if the vendor can say it on air, why can't it be mentioned here on the boards

Honored Contributor

Well, my "baby" has fur, fangs, and claws..........so I guess it's OK

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor
On 4/7/2014 Ladybug724 said:

OP's point was that if the vendor can say it on air, why can't it be mentioned here on the boards

It is being mentioned on the boards. This thread remains unpoofed. What's the issue, exactly?

Honored Contributor

That is just a stupid, silly statement. I cannot stand when I hear people talking about giving birth to something like a clothing line, idea, book, etc.

Honored Contributor
On 4/7/2014 faeriemoon said:
On 4/7/2014 Starlight1 said:

That woman is so full of herself.

Which women?

Renee. The Attitudes (and Women With Control) lady.

Hi. I don't know if anyone ever answered your question about Jayne's top from last week but she answered on FB that it's from Chico's. She said she got so many questions about the top that she's going to show it to the buyers and see if they can get something like it.

Honored Contributor

That woman is so full of herself.

ITA....she lost me the first time I saw her pole dancing without the pole.....

Honored Contributor

This whole subject kinda falls under the moniker of "What?". I don't understand...(nothing new for me).

However, how could that phrase be zonked when we've spent time here talking about it and it's still here? I think someone said what I just said earlier in this thread but said it better. I'm just repeating it and repeating and ........

Valued Contributor
On 4/7/2014 annabellethecat said:

This whole subject kinda falls under the moniker of "What?". I don't understand...(nothing new for me).

However, how could that phrase be zonked when we've spent time here talking about it and it's still here? I think someone said what I just said earlier in this thread but said it better. I'm just repeating it and repeating and ........

This one is still here but the first post was zapped pretty fast!

Honored Contributor
On 4/7/2014 willdob3 said:
On 4/7/2014 Yuban3 said:

Authors will sometimes say that they "gave birth" to their book. I see nothing wrong with it.

To start a business, write a book, etc, take a lot of work, time, energy, etc, to see through to fruition, that it becomes a labor of love. Thus, when you see the fruits of your labor, after having gone through all of the trials and tribulations to see it through, it feels like you have "given birth" to it. It's you "baby".

No, they didn't go through birth in the literal sense, but they did "give birth" figuratively.

I see nothing wrong with the phrase.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I agree. It is a very common phrase. Nothing at all wrong with it.

• And they nursed it. Yeah, rehearsed it. And then gave out the news. That the South Land Really gave birth to the blues.
Honored Contributor
On 4/7/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 4/7/2014 Starlight1 said:

That woman is so full of herself.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Which women?

Renee. The Attitudes (and Women With Control) lady.

Hi. I don't know if anyone ever answered your question about Jayne's top from last week but she answered on FB that it's from Chico's. She said she got so many questions about the top that she's going to show it to the buyers and see if they can get something like it.

Thank you, LD. No, I never did get an answer so I appreciate your posting it. Going to check it out on Chico's.

It always amazes me that when we are really interested in something a host is wearing it is seldom a Q item.