Valued Contributor

I guess it's ok for a vendor to make a statement on air many times but we can't repeat it! What's up with that?

Super Contributor

? What?

Super Contributor

What??????????? I second that!

Valued Contributor

My first post was about a vendor said she gave birth to her clothing line!

Honored Contributor

That woman is so full of herself.

Super Contributor
On 4/7/2014 faeriemoon said:

Which women?

Honored Contributor
On 4/7/2014 Starlight1 said:
On 4/7/2014 faeriemoon said:

Which women?

Renee. The Attitudes (and Women With Control) lady.

Super Contributor

Authors will sometimes say that they "gave birth" to their book. I see nothing wrong with it.

To start a business, write a book, etc, take a lot of work, time, energy, etc, to see through to fruition, that it becomes a labor of love. Thus, when you see the fruits of your labor, after having gone through all of the trials and tribulations to see it through, it feels like you have "given birth" to it. It's you "baby".

No, they didn't go through birth in the literal sense, but they did "give birth" figuratively.

I see nothing wrong with the phrase.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Valued Contributor

I am now retired but in my working years I started two business. It took a couple of years of really hard work and long hours before I could afford to slow down and relax. I started both business, but never in my wildest dreams did I ever say I gave birth to them.

I guess to each his own. When I think of anyone giving birth I expect to see a baby not a business!

Honored Contributor
On 4/7/2014 Yuban3 said:

Authors will sometimes say that they "gave birth" to their book. I see nothing wrong with it.

To start a business, write a book, etc, take a lot of work, time, energy, etc, to see through to fruition, that it becomes a labor of love. Thus, when you see the fruits of your labor, after having gone through all of the trials and tribulations to see it through, it feels like you have "given birth" to it. It's you "baby".

No, they didn't go through birth in the literal sense, but they did "give birth" figuratively.

I see nothing wrong with the phrase.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I agree. It is a very common phrase. Nothing at all wrong with it.