Frequent Contributor

Does anyone have any comments on Giuliana's faux leather blazer on HSN today? I'm thinking of getting it in black.  

Honored Contributor

I think it's a good looking jacket and a nice variety of colors.

Years ago I purchased a faux leather jacket from susan graver...I went to get it out last year and where it had been hung on the hanger...all the faux leather was coming off....The HSN jacket is not overly expensive, which is good, I'm not sure how long it will last.

Enjoy.

Valued Contributor

I can't speak to Giuliana's jacket, but I have a faux leather jacket with what looks like similar lining.  It's from Clara Sunwoo (not sure of spelling) and it looks nice, but I get warm in it.   Warmer than I do in a lambskin jacket I have.  Might be something to consider if you run warmish.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Giuliana's TS

[ Edited ]

I thought it was pretty too but I'm not quite 5-ft tall & a "petite" version of the jacket would probably fit better - especially in the sleeves.  And you definitely can't go wrong with the black choice - it's the classic & most versatile in my opinion

Honored Contributor

I'll be the one dissenter.  I think it looks cheap from the fabric to the shiny buttons.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I think it's a good looking jacket and a nice variety of colors.

Years ago I purchased a faux leather jacket from susan graver...I went to get it out last year and where it had been hung on the hanger...all the faux leather was coming off....The HSN jacket is not overly expensive, which is good, I'm not sure how long it will last.

Enjoy.

@Mom2Dogs 

I think that's the nature of polyurethane. I had the same experience but I did get about five or six years wear out of it before it happened and I bought it on clearance for under 20! I figure I got my moneys worth. I have a couple of other faux leather jackets that are newer and I'm hoping to get a few years out of them as well.

As for Giuliana's jacket I really like the cut of it but I'm not fond of the buttons that she used with the exception of the black and the gray. Not a fan of the big gold buttons

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo I agree about those buttons, they say 'look at me'.

Frequent Contributor

I agree about the buttons but at least on the black they looked better.  I think I'm going to order it and see how the fit is and check out the material to see if it looks cheap in person.  Thanks for your feedback everyone.

Honored Contributor

Re: Giuliana's TS

[ Edited ]

Reading some of the comments, I believe that I'd probably lay the jacket flat to store.  Tuck the sleeves underneath or lay on top. Maybe on a shelf or in a bin.

Since it's fairly short, it wouldn't take much room.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I think it looks like fake leather and they always look too shiny for me. No matter how much they say it looks real it does not. I would rather they say nothing then say that. 

I have at least 2 faux jackets from years ago and they are still in the closet never worn. One is a Susan Graver and I forget the other one. It seems like a lot of money to me.