Respected Contributor

Re: Giuliana Rancic saying her dad us a master taylor

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

@mjmm When the salespeople on TV use the word, "fabrication" instead of "fabric," it drives me insane.  Fabrication is HOW something is made.  Nails on the chalkboard for me.

@BarbiHollywood   Yes, Nails on a chalkboard to me also.  Fabrication is the process of manufacturing the fabric.  Fabric is the actual cloth.  When the hosts and vendors use it incorrectly, they sound uneducated to me. Doesn't matter how many times they use it that way. It is still incorrect.

Have not purchased any of G's clothing as of yet.  Some of the items in her line do look nice, others are an easy pass for me.

Honored Contributor

Her father came here to MD as an Italian immigrant. He owned a mens clothing  store in the now defunct White Flint Mall, very upscale in Rockville, MD.  It was one of the first malls of its kind opened in 1976. 

Esteemed Contributor

Reading about him, he is a master tailor in Italy.  But, he is very high end.

Trusted Contributor

I think I saw her Dad on once with her at HSN.  An real gentleman.

As far as Guiliana's clothes many years back  I liked her skinny jeans. They were a staple on her website and pretty good quality compared to pricier jeans.

With some years her quality became really poor, jeans didn't fit

and so I stopped watching.

Honored Contributor

'Dratts'.......I forgot to watch G's own show on HSN.  

I believe it was the second episode.  And there were eight to begin with, If I'm not mistaken.

So, six more.......hoping to remember to watch next Saturday evening April 1.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).