Honored Contributor

Re: Giuliana Rancic saying her dad us a master taylor

makes as much sense at 

It Cosmetics

tag "we work with plastic surgeons"

Honored Contributor

Before you critique anyone you need to take a look at yourself.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I somewhat feel the same way as the OP.  I've never had good luck with her line and I've mentioned it before.   If you grew up with a master tailor as a father and learned from him, maybe you should make better clothing.   Believe me, I truly feel if she actually had some kind of degree for designing, she would be letting us know about it everytime she's on. 

Honored Contributor

I don't really care what her connection is or isn't.

I don't really care about the sales tactics.

I DO care about the quality of the clothing and the fit.

Which for the 3 things I ordered from her line were AWFUL.

Respected Contributor

@mjmm When the salespeople on TV use the word, "fabrication" instead of "fabric," it drives me insane.  Fabrication is HOW something is made.  Nails on the chalkboard for me.

Valued Contributor

All of these "celebrity" brands are just pick and choose from offered designs.  Someone else designs the clothes and the "celebrity" picks colors, etc.  Isaac is a designer, Louis del Olio was a designer.  People like Lisa Rinna who used to be on the Q, Candace Cameron Bure, Guiliana Rancic, Bethenny, etc., they aren't designing clothes.  Most of these are items are interchangeable between brands, they are pretty much just repping the clothes and receiving a part of the proceeds for that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And why does that offend you so much?  How do you know what her father does or doesn't do in her business?  How do you know what he might have taught her?  They ALL use the word fabrication when they mean fabric.  But fabrication is appropriate when talking about the manufacturing process.  Yesterday I received a pair of wide leg jeans, on clearance at half price.  Both the fabric and the fabrication are excellent.  I was pleasantly surprised.  And her father is or was a TAILOR.  So it appears you also misuse some words, as we all do.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree 

LOL.  The same thought crossed my mind.

Honored Contributor

@mjmm wrote:

She is not a trained seamstress. Having a father who is a Taylor has nothing to so with your designs. He didn't train her and he doesn't oversee the manufacturing of the garments. She uses the word "fabrication" for the word fabric. If your dad hasn't corrected her yet shame on him. 

Thank you clarifying that to me. I had no idea the apple could fall so far from the tree and go unnoticed for such a long time.Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

@sunsetbeach , Bethenny had a moto jacket on HSN. The exact same jacket was on the other channel (not sure what their name is now) under a different designer name. Exact same. 

Serena Williams went to school. On the show she talked about hating textiles. So I think she designed hers, but not sure.