Respected Contributor

Girlfriend vs boyfriend jeans

Hey! Hope everyone is doing great. What is the difference between a boyfriend Jean vs a girlfriend Jean? Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Girlfriend vs boyfriend jeans

@Franklinbell wrote:

Hey! Hope everyone is doing great. What is the difference between a boyfriend Jean vs a girlfriend Jean? Thanks!

What a good question @Franklinbell .  I will come back to read responses.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

GF jeans have a more tapered fit.

Trusted Contributor

From what I understand, a girlfriend jean is narrower in the thighs and legs and a boyfriend jean is baggier thru the hips, thighs and legs.

Honored Contributor

Girlfriend jeans are a slimmer, tapered  version of a boyfriend jean.

Trusted Contributor

@Franklinbell  Boyfriend jeans are meant to be slouchy. Girlfriend jeans have a slimmer leg.

Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell wrote:

@Franklinbell 

I've never heard those terms before, so I have to ask .... who used them?  Was it in an article, a show ... or a post here?

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   @Franklinbell  Enter "girlfriend jeans" in the Q's searchbar, at top of page where it says "What can we help you discover?" You'll find a lot of girlfriend jeans. 

Then do the same with "boyfriend jeans."

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 @A pair of jeans was featured on Monday night show. They were called girlfriend jeans. I missed the actual presentation. So I was curious what is the difference. Between the two. Now I get it! 

Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell   Very slouchy jeans with a rolled hem are boyfriend jeans. The girlfriend jean has a slimmer fit...still looser than a straight leg and definitely not a skinny jean.

I have both. The boyfriend pair is usually so loose that a belt is needed and a half tuck lets the belt show and creates a somewhat defined waist....I just purchased Levis several sizes up.

My girlfriend jeans are from BR Factory on sale and more tailored for every day wear. My others are just for "bumming around".