Honored Contributor

Re: Gili Show - hosted by Jill Bauer and guest Jill Martin???????????

I don't care for the GILI line so I won't be watching the show, but I'm surprised that so many people don't care for JB or the way she dresses. I think her air of superiority has finally caught up with her.

Valued Contributor

Women can be very judgemental. Jill is fine.

Super Contributor

On 3/24/2015 stevieb said:

Almost any other host would have been a more brand-appropriate choice. Choosing Jill to host this show is nothing short of a colossal joke... No matter how detailed, calm, collected, or 'professional' (realizing it's defined differently by different people...) she might be, this is Q decision making at its absolute worst. To be sure, a competent host should be able to host any show, but that doesn't make it a bright idea... and this is not a bright idea. Jill is competent, I'll give her that, but I, for one, don't find her a pleasant viewing experience on any level.

I agree and I think they just need to say Hasta la vista to the GILI line now that Lisa's gone.

Super Contributor

On 3/24/2015 seaside shopper said:

Let's punctuate, shall we, NJ4Jays?? Your numerous posts are difficult to read w/o it. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

stop reading me then "shall we'(run on sentence) no punctuation {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Super Contributor

On 3/24/2015 GCR18 said: I don't see the doom and gloom with this show or the line in general. The QVC viewers like this line. Last week there was a thread about a Gigi top that was just under $100. It sold out.

they sell out for the show airing 24 hours later they are somehow restocked

Super Contributor

On 3/24/2015 insomniac said:

I nominate NJ4Jays for top butcher of the English language.

thank you I accept the award and I will be wearing all gili pieces for my acceptance speech

Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2015 NJ4Jays said:
On 3/24/2015 GCR18 said: I don't see the doom and gloom with this show or the line in general. The QVC viewers like this line. Last week there was a thread about a Gigi top that was just under $100. It sold out.

they sell out for the show airing 24 hours later they are somehow restocked

I think it's a sales gimmick. They limit the quantity of each GILI item that's being presented, so it can "sell out." Would-be purchasers go on waitlist. Then they make more available for purchase, so it just APPEARS that the items are in high demand. That's my theory,..
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Presenting this GILI line is the equivalent of damage control. If anyone can do it Jill B. can. If they're going to keep the line they should rename it. GILI was a stupid name anyway.

Super Contributor

On 3/25/2015 faeriemoon said:

Presenting this GILI line is the equivalent of damage control. If anyone can do it Jill B. can. If they're going to keep the line they should rename it. GILI was a stupid name anyway.

ITA!
Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2015 faeriemoon said:

I'm thinking when this line first came out, Lisa said it was named for her and another lady associated with it, the GI for one and LI for Lisa. Anyone else remember?