Contributor

Re: Gili Show - hosted by Jill Bauer and guest Jill Martin???????????

If QVC can't see the disaster in pairing Jill Bauer with Jill Martin, then the GILI line deserves to tank. Jill does not have fashion sense. If she is spending a lot of money and buying high end designer clothes she has fooled me. She looks matronly and frumpy and I wouldn't buy anything I have seen her wear on air. I think QVC needs to realize they are making HUGE mistakes with who they are pairing together. Unfortunately, I can see the position QVC is put in, considering they don't have any hosts to rise to the task of taking on the GILI line, but Jill Bauer was their worst move. But, that is their own fault, they are the ones who hire the hosts, and IMO they need to step up their game when they hire new show hosts. Maybe then our show host bashing would calm down a bit.

Valued Contributor

I don't think anyone they pair for this line of clothes will be successful.

The line itself is not much good.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/24/2015 SAgal said:
On 3/24/2015 Trix said:

To be fair Jill Bauer may not be slick and flashy, but her personal wardrobe is sure expensive. The items she wears are from the boutique high end stores (such as Eileen Fisher, Barneys). It's more of an <em>I'm not dressing to impress you style</em>. Furthermore, this QVC customer thinks Jill Bauer is a fine host and asset to QVC regardless of what she's selling.

That said who's to say that every GILI hour will be hosted by Jill. Perhaps she will be one of several given a chance to present the line in hour long shows. If so, I think that is good. I for one am sick of QVC linking certain hosts with certain products; time slots; and the shows with the host's name attached to it.

Just because someone spends a lot of money on clothes does not mean they have style. I think Jill is a fine host just not a great fashion host.

Jill isn't trying to have what you want to call style. Hence my remark of she does not dress to impress. I was trying to use delicate words to describe her as being someone one would not refer to as fashionista.

Super Contributor

On 3/24/2015 NJ4Jays said:
On 3/24/2015 ellaphant said:

Jill is the polar opposite of anything to do with 'fashion'..always looks frumpy.

man frumpy is being kind she looks well older than what she claims to be they should never put her near clothes or beauty its a losing sales proposition

ITA!

Super Contributor

On 3/24/2015 stevieb said:
On 3/24/2015 Krissie2 said:

On a positive note, Jill B. doesn't talk in drivel, she uses real words.

Also, she will tell and show all of the details of the bag, unlike some of the hosts who will go a whole presentation without showing a close up of the leather or the inside.

Yes she will. And she'll make sure viewers know what a 'straight shooter' she is in the process, at least those who can bear to listen to her hour long lecture...

ITA! And let's not leave out the fact that she is very condescending.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/24/2015 Danielle46 said:

I don't see a problem with Jill Martin as a co-host. She has written numerous best seller fashion make-over type books, is considered a fashion expert, participates in makeovers, writes columns on fashion, is a contributing editor of People Magazine's style watch and is an emmy award winning broadcaster!!! She actually has better credentials than Lisa Robertson and you accepted her as a QVC created/marketed style expert.

Jill Martin won her Emmys for sports broadcasting! Her education is in journalism. She has no formal fashion training. She is a fashionista in her own mind. What clothing line has she designed? What clothing store has she owned?

Trusted Contributor

I think Jill is an excellent host and can handle any program. Don't know enough about the other woman to comment. I don't think Lisa Robertson was fashionable and will not miss her.
Respected Contributor

On 3/24/2015 LisaB said:
On 3/24/2015 Danielle46 said:
On 3/24/2015 ellaphant said:

Jill is the polar opposite of anything to do with 'fashion'..always looks frumpy.

Well, I'm sure they can dress her up just as Shawn made a complete turnaround with her style. BTW, when Lisa Robertson started on QVC she didn't look anything like she does today. She evolved and so can Jill.

Nicely put.

Jill will not be 'evolving' into a modern looking stylish woman,,,,She, Leah and a few other hosts have really gotten heavy and dress badly...Way too young to be pacing it on. And unhealthy!

Honored Contributor

I don't see the doom and gloom with this show or the line in general. The QVC viewers like this line. Last week there was a thread about a Gigi top that was just under $100. It sold out.
Honored Contributor

Jill may not be the most compelling candidate for this show but she will arrive cool, calm, and collected and totally prepared with information about every product.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment