Super Contributor

Re: Gili Show - hosted by Jill Bauer and guest Jill Martin???????????

On 3/24/2015 HHC1 said:
On 3/24/2015 stevieb said:
On 3/24/2015 Krissie2 said:

On a positive note, Jill B. doesn't talk in drivel, she uses real words.

Also, she will tell and show all of the details of the bag, unlike some of the hosts who will go a whole presentation without showing a close up of the leather or the inside.

Yes she will. And she'll make sure viewers know what a 'straight shooter' she is in the process, at least those who can bear to listen to her hour long lecture...

ITA! And let's not leave out the fact that she is very condescending.

Ditto.

Super Contributor

On 3/24/2015 GUSLOVER said:

If QVC can't see the disaster in pairing Jill Bauer with Jill Martin, then the GILI line deserves to tank. Jill does not have fashion sense. If she is spending a lot of money and buying high end designer clothes she has fooled me. She looks matronly and frumpy and I wouldn't buy anything I have seen her wear on air. I think QVC needs to realize they are making HUGE mistakes with who they are pairing together. Unfortunately, I can see the position QVC is put in, considering they don't have any hosts to rise to the task of taking on the GILI line, but Jill Bauer was their worst move. But, that is their own fault, they are the ones who hire the hosts, and IMO they need to step up their game when they hire new show hosts. Maybe then our show host bashing would calm down a bit.

She doesn't have a clue about fashion or style, no matter how much $$$$ she spends on clothes.

Super Contributor

Give it a rest! So much negativity on this Board!

Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2015 ellaphant said:
On 3/24/2015 LisaB said:
On 3/24/2015 Danielle46 said:
On 3/24/2015 ellaphant said:

Jill is the polar opposite of anything to do with 'fashion'..always looks frumpy.

Well, I'm sure they can dress her up just as Shawn made a complete turnaround with her style. BTW, when Lisa Robertson started on QVC she didn't look anything like she does today. She evolved and so can Jill.

Nicely put.

Jill will not be 'evolving' into a modern looking stylish woman,,,,She, Leah and a few other hosts have really gotten heavy and dress badly...Way too young to be pacing it on. And unhealthy!

Wow you seem to bring the same thing up every time you post, can you ever be nice

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

On 3/24/2015 Crisso said:

Super Contributor

On 3/24/2015 kalikokty said:
On 3/24/2015 Crisso said:

x 1000000000000000000000000000000.....

Honored Contributor

Almost any other host would have been a more brand-appropriate choice. Choosing Jill to host this show is nothing short of a colossal joke... No matter how detailed, calm, collected, or 'professional' (realizing it's defined differently by different people...) she might be, this is Q decision making at its absolute worst. To be sure, a competent host should be able to host any show, but that doesn't make it a bright idea... and this is not a bright idea. Jill is competent, I'll give her that, but I, for one, don't find her a pleasant viewing experience on any level.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

The GILI line is a dog and I feel sorry for Jill....she probably hates the assignment as much as those who hate to see her present the merchandise. I am sure she has no choice
Respected Contributor

Just a real shame we can't get a look at how these mean poster who think they know every thing about fashion dress them selves. Bet it would be a real shock to see them in front of a camera with their clothing choices. Such a pity how unkind women are towards other females. Jill Bauer go and do the job just like you do every time your in front of the camera a lady well spoken and knowledge about every product you present.

Regular Contributor

Jill Bauer dresses like a nun.