Trusted Contributor

Gili Leather Obi Belt - Any Similar Belts Less Pricey?

[ Edited ]

I recently bought the Gili Obi Belt.  Love it, but expensive.  Are there any other similar belts like the Obi but less expensive?  

@lolakimono

Since your our Q personal shopper 😉, can you find something?  Thx!

image.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Gili Leather Obi Belt - Any Similar Belts Loess Pricey?

@Himi lover

Hi,

I found two already for Chi-town.  One is from L&T (although it was on sale, so maybe it's not there) and the other was from Soft Surroundings.  Did you check either of those places?

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Himi lover

Hi,

I found two already for Chi-town.  One is from L&T (although it was on sale, so maybe it's not there) and the other was from Soft Surroundings.  Did you check either of those places?

@lolakimono

No, I didn't see your posts to Chi-town.  I'll check L&T and Soft Surroundings.

Valued Contributor

Re: Gili Leather Obi Belt - Any Similar Belts Less Pricey?

There are quite a few styles and colors offered on Etsy.

Good Luck.

Honored Contributor

@Himi lover wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@Himi lover

Hi,

@lolakimono

No, I didn't see your posts to Chi-town.  I'll check L&T and Soft Surroundings.

@Himi lover- Yes, @lolakimono did find 2 good options. Here is the link to that thread: 

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/Gili-Striped-Skirt-92/m-p/2019263#M261398. 

I have the GILI Obi belt in black, love it-excellent design & quality.  What is esp nice from a design aspect, the GILI one has the double strip of leather to give it more structure so it stays flat and doesn't curl. I have some other single strip obi belts that tend to collapse or curl.

I decided to wait before buying another one-want the tan or cognac color. Bought several new handbags & skin care instead Woman Tongue

GILI Jill said they are working on new obi belt designs so maybe we will luck out & have the opportunity to buy the existing stock at a clearance or lower price. Please post if you find any other decent options.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

There are hundreds listed on ebay.

Honored Contributor

I've made note of this before.  Check out amazon.com - there are tons of obi belts, some leather, tons of faux in tons of designs and colors for dirt c heap prices too.  If I were in the market, this is where I'd be buying obi's.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl

@lolakimono

I ended up buying this one at Lord & Taylor, $68.  I'll check The other sites mentioned.  I'll hold out too for perhaps a lower price on the GILI if they come out with new ones or even an "as is" GILI belt.  I bought an "as is" GILI handbag in denim color and it was perfect.  I'd also like to get a patterned belt.  I'll keep in mind the double leather type.  I'll see how this belt works.

Shimmer Belt @ L&T.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Himi lover wrote:

I recently bought the Gili Obi Belt.  Love it, but expensive.  Are there any other similar belts like the Obi but less expensive?  

@lolakimono

Since your our Q personal shopper 😉, can you find something?  Thx!

image.jpg

I must say-- when l just saw this, l had to laugh at the way it's presented in this photo. It looks like a blood pressure cuff, lol. They could have shown it in a more flattering way, especially since it's pricey.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Himi lover

I found another one at Pendleton.  It's $68.

Wrap Belt

Wrap Belt

Versatile obi-style belt gives easy shape to tunics, dresses and sweaters. Adjusts to fit more than five ways, to accent your waist or to sit low on your hips. Handcrafted of exquisite Argentinean leather by Buenos Aires artisans. From the ADA Collection.
3" W
90" L
Handcrafted