Respected Contributor

Re: Get Ready for Your 1980s Flashback - HSN Kicks Off Fashion Week with DG2

On 2/22/2014 RoughDraft said:

Well, there's always Neiman Marcus. Cost for this outfit around $800+

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

They are replaying the midnight presentation right now. The jeans don't resemble this outfit at all. It is TRULY 1980s acidwash, in a bunch of "interesting" colors.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the heads up on DG2. This line is supposed to be on TSC next week sometime but I have no idea if the acid wash stuff is coming to Canada or not. Geez, I think I'm officially over this line of jeans because I haven't bought any DG2 jeans in about 3 years. I only buy the tops or jean jackets.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/22/2014 tsavorite said:
On 2/22/2014 evelomaddict said:

no diane! not wedgie high top sneakers. .

SERIOUSLY LOL! I never watch her shows I had no idea her things were that out dated...but this shoe wedge thing is crazy

I guess these shoes will bring out one's inner gangsta!

Respected Contributor

On 2/23/2014 TY said:

Thanks for the heads up on DG2. This line is supposed to be on TSC next week sometime but I have no idea if the acid wash stuff is coming to Canada or not. Geez, I think I'm officially over this line of jeans because I haven't bought any DG2 jeans in about 3 years. I only buy the tops or jean jackets.

Not to worry. You'll be able to get your acidwash fix in a vest! They showed these acidwashed vests over top of slouchy boyfriend sweaters. It was like a time warp.

Honored Contributor

Favorite Son,

Will you be getting a new pair of Reebok high tops in a fashion color, or just adding leg warmers to complete the look? {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Honored Contributor

Take a look at this article:

Spring 2014 Fashion: Acid Wash Skinny Jeans (8 February 2014) "90’s fashion took over the spring/summer 2014 catwalks and one trend we saw make a return was the acid wash denim.

Acid wash denim was huge in the 90’s and although it has been in the background for a few years, this spring it is set to be a trend which you don’t want to miss out on.

Acid wash skinny jeans will fast become a crucial addition to your wardrobe and to help you find the perfect pair, today we have rounded up our favourite acid wash jeans from the high street which are available for you to shop and buy today.

These new season jeans will be the foundation of your everyday look and if you want effortless style, then these are the perfect jeans to have in your wardrobe.

Team them up with a pair of chunky ankle boots and a leather jacket and a printed t-shirt or glam them up with a pair of wedges, a cami top and a pair of sunglasses.

You can’t go wrong with a pair of these in your wardrobe this season and if you want to stay ahead of the latest trends then make sure you click now to shop today!"

{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

On 2/23/2014 lolakimono said:

Favorite Son,

Will you be getting a new pair of Reebok high tops in a fashion color, or just adding leg warmers to complete the look? {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Well, I'd really like to have the whole ensemble and I would complete the look with that shiny banded bottom top from Kathleen Kirkwood.

Respected Contributor

dooBdoo, thanks for the link. But I'm not wearing those things no matter what. I am a contrarian by nature and don't need any clothes. I guess I'll just have to be out of fashion. The very mention of those things gave me a flashback to an acid-washed flounced mini skirt purchased for me by my ex-husband. And it was during the 1980s. Never going there again.

Super Contributor

Remember the ripped jeans?

Acid wash is one thing, but to wear jeans that are literally falling apart, is another.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Super Contributor

I agree with Favorite SON…I don't care what that article says I don't see acid wash jeans coming back in a big way and I will not be participating if they do. I'm quite sure acid wash was big in the 80's not the 90's anyway. I went to high school in the 90's and acid wash was well out of fashion.