Super Contributor

Re: George From Fashion Police Discusses Joan's Situation

I agree with everyone and have a similar story. I had a Colonoscopy and Endoscopy yesterday and we (nurses, doctors and staff) were all sharing our concerns and love for Joan. I'm 51 and I was nervous. I worried about Mellisa's use of the word "comfortable". I can't imagine how upsetting and shocking this must be to her family and close friends. I consider this a QVC and fan family too. All we can do and to hope and continue to pray. I respect Mellisa's privacy completely and we just all need to try to be patient.
Highlighted
Contributor

My love and good thoughts go out to Joan and her family. I am wondering if QVC has said anything about Joan on air. I haven't heard a word from them. Has anyone?

Esteemed Contributor

A few days ago Jane spoke to Joan, saying how much she and everyone at the Q loved Joan and how much they wanted her to get better and come back.

Super Contributor

How could Jane have spoken to Joan since the endoscopy ensued ???? a few days ago ?????

Occasional Contributor

Joan is gone. So sad. I hope they find the cause of this. A loss for us all.

RIP Joan.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/4/2014 Pamula said: I agree with everyone and have a similar story. I had a Colonoscopy and Endoscopy yesterday and we (nurses, doctors and staff) were all sharing our concerns and love for Joan. I'm 51 and I was nervous. I worried about Mellisa's use of the word "comfortable". I can't imagine how upsetting and shocking this must be to her family and close friends. I consider this a QVC and fan family too. All we can do and to hope and continue to pray. I respect Mellisa's privacy completely and we just all need to try to be patient.

To me, that translated to hospice. My Dad is in hospice and the word 'comfort care' is communicated often.

Contributor

On 9/4/2014 Remee said:

How could Jane have spoken to Joan since the endoscopy ensued ???? a few days ago ?????

I'm thinking more, spoke "at" Joan...I did the same thing to my Dad, shortly before he passed.

Joan...may you now take over the Tonight Show!

Respected Contributor

So heartbreaking to learn of Joan River passing this afternoon. Watching her on QVC all these years gave you the sense that you knew her. She was always so gracious to the models, hosts and callers. I will miss her.
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/4/2014 Remee said:

She spoke to the camera as if she was speaking to Joan.

Super Contributor

MY HEART IS BROKEN TODAY, AND CANNOT STOP CRYING I FEEL LIKE I LOST MY BELOVED MOTHER AGAIN. MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY GOES OUT TO MELISSA AND COOPER. MAY THE THOUGHTS OF SYMPATHY FROM YOUR FRIENDS HELP TO EASE YOUR PAIN AT THIS DIFFICULT TIME. YOUR MOTHER MADE US ALL LAUGH, NOW THERE IS A COMIC ANGEL IN HEAVEN MAKING THEM ALL LAUGH. YOUR MOM LEFT YOU A WONDERFUL LEGENCY. GOD BLESS THE BOTH OF YOU.