Respected Contributor

Did anyone on these boards buy the Genie Hour Glass Waist Training Belt? A273573  At the time it was airing I only caught a quick glimpse but it stopped me in my tracks.  I have a favorite dressy dress that would look that much better if my waist was nipped in just a touch.  But when I saw the presentation, it looked too bulky to wear under a body skimming dress or top. 

The reviews are coming in and they are pretty bad (amusing actually). I figured it was too good to be true. I'm wondering if anyone here bought it and has actually worn it for a day.  Did you last? Did it show under your clothing?  Thanks for any insights!

Honored Contributor

Re: Genie 'Waist Training' Belt

Thanks for starting this thread .....

I was wondering the same thing about this "contraption" ...   LOL

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

I'm dying to hear someone's real world experience with this.  I didn't see the whole presentation so perhaps they showed it under something body skimming.  What I saw was a presentation on top of clothing which didn't help me imagine it under my dress.

Esteemed Contributor

" Well at least I got a good laugh looking into the mirror after trying this on. The fat went up and over the thing, and down and under. I laughed until I cried!! Off to the post office I go to return. "

" I put my back out just trying to get this contraption on. I am sending it back today. It's stiff, crackly, almost impossible to get on in any position, I can't believe Genie made this product. QVC, please do NOT offer this product on air ever again. I can't believe I have to spend $7 to send it back. What a mistake I made in not reading the reviews first!
This is the first poor review I have ever given on a product in 20 years. "

Those are are just a couple of the hilarious reviews on this odd item.  Thanks, @islandgrrl, for leading me to the laughs today! What surprises me is how many small women went for this product. I have my issues, but don't think this would tempt me, just looks too bulky in the pics. I can just hear the cracks from the first guy who goes to put his hands around your waist,

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@islandgrrl @Tinkrbl44 @MaggieMackThat is one horrible looking piece of hardware. You could not really keep that on for long, let alone wear it over clothes. The thing about waist training is how long you wear the corset not how tight you cinch it. If you are really interested, go for a more custom piece. You can at least get one made to measure even if you don't go all out for the bells and whistles. This place has been around for a long time and worked with legends making custom pieces if you are interested. http://www.romantasy.com/

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Esteemed Contributor

More hilarity:

" should have read the reviews...wouldn't even meet around my waist,which makes me fell like an ompalompa. Not bothering to send it back,but keep as a reminder if it looks too good to be true,it is...thank goodness it was cheap,you pay for what you get!!! "

" The best I can describe this is that it's probably comparable to liposuction. When you get lipo, you don't gain weight back where you had it done but you could gain it in other places. With this belt, it works by cinching in your waist. However, all it does is push any fatty areas you have either up or down. Sooooooooooo...it makes my belly look bigger and pushes the area below my chest up and over this belt. Yuck! It needs a lot of work. I know that the on air presentation mentioned that you couldn't wear it under lighter clothing. However, I find that you can't even wear it under heavier clothing. It's bulky and shows no matter what you wear. I would not recommend this AT ALL unless you are a size 0 with NO fat whatsoever. And, if that is the case, you wouldn't need this anyway. "

" This is a good concept which has been poorly executed! During the presentation it was stated they "rushed to get this to us"... they should not have rushed! It is very uncomfortable and bulky. I was hoping for a little back support more than the hour glass effect, did not fit the bill for either one!
Don't waste your money ladies! "

IT JUST DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS! Woman LOL

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

This appears to be a complete "waist" of money, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

If you don't have a waist, where does all the stuff that is there where your waist should be gonna go if you use a waist trainer?  Didn't make sense to me. 

Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack

The oompa loompa comment is without question the funniest review I have ever read on QVC.  Thank you for digging up that gem.

Genie makes bras that I really love but they have also had a couple of misses.  I recall the reviews on the convertible bra TSV were pretty harsh -- again the sizing seemed off on that one too.  Similar story on the cami.

I hope someone who bought the belt and is finding it helpful will post here.  Based on the reviews there are a few women who love it. 

Occasional Contributor

Is this A TRAININGS belt, meaning it TRAINS your waist into a smaller size--eventually..!! From my conversation about it... Not really for immediate satisfaction.. : ( 

Immediate cinching should use a product for SHAPING, such as compression garments....ie: like spanx etc...

wearing this "torture wear" for  x  amount of weeks is said to deliver voluptuous hourglass figures!   

I feel your pain ladies!!!  I'm looking for that magical item myself! My phone on speed dial, remote to hit record, channel always on to be safe.....a pen and paper!