Respected Contributor

Has anyone tried these? I've been seeing ads for these things and they're offering free shipping today. 

For those of you who haven't heard of them, they're liners that fit inside your shoes (they have an adhesive which sticks to the bottoms) and allow you to go sock-less, eliminating the need for those no-show socks that never stay put or, alternatively, not wearing socks at all, which causes odor and eventually ruins your shoes. They supposedly contain silver which eliminates odors and they can be worn for months before washing. They come in various styles to fit into flats, heels, loafers or athletic shoes. 

Just curious if anyone has tried these and has an opinion on them. TIA

Esteemed Contributor

I have gone sock less for years and have never “ruined” a pair of shoes.  Your feet are going to give off moisture no matter what you do.

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining

I guess the concept is that these absorb the moisture? Not sure. Aside from that, whenever I've gone without socks, I have noticed that there's more friction to the inside of the shoes and I can see how that could shorten their lifespan.

Respected Contributor

I know nothing about these Gekks but would like to learn more. I have very narrow feet and have worn socks with my shoes virtually all my life. Do I like the look? NO!!! I would love to find a "no show" type sock that would work for keeping my shoes snug on my feet. Would like to hear from others if you have had any luck with these Gekks or any other brands out there. Thanks. 

Respected Contributor

I just took a look. They look good for those of us who just cannot go sockless in flats, loafers, sneakers. My feet sweat and I end up with blisters. I have tried sprays, roll on stuff, stick on liners so this is worth a try. Thanks.

Super Contributor
Amazon has several brands, some with free S&H. I like Pedags...thin cotton terry liner that stays put in the shoe and is washable.
Respected Contributor

@Justshop wrote:
Amazon has several brands, some with free S&H. I like Pedags...thin cotton terry liner that stays put in the shoe and is washable.

@Justshop thank you so much for letting me know about these insoles. I wear orthotics and was trying to figure out how to use the Gekks with them but these other insoles would be so much more practical for my situation!

Honored Contributor

Seems like they might work for people who have sweaty feet.  Not every woman has sweaty feet.  I go sockless all the time, with no problems or issues at all.  

Honored Contributor

I have those Pedag cotton terry insoles and I love them. They make my summer shoes feel fresh when I put them on my bare feet. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee do you think they'd work over orthotics?