Honored Contributor

@Deree wrote:

Except the style of wearing a tweedy 'dress' jacket with jeans is from a number of years ago but not quite long enough ago to be coming back into style.

@Deree 

For that to be an issue you would have to buy into the notion that jeans are strictly utilitarian or casual wear. I see many jeans as 'dressy' as a pair of trousers...especially in black and dark navies and/or without contrast stitching...

A tweed jacket with cargoes or joggers is a different story...(to me anyway..)

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Deree wrote:

Except the style of wearing a tweedy 'dress' jacket with jeans is from a number of years ago but not quite long enough ago to be coming back into style.

@Deree 

For that to be an issue you would have to buy into the notion that jeans are strictly utilitarian or casual wear. I see many jeans as 'dressy' as a pair of trousers...especially in black and dark navies and/or without contrast stitching...

A tweed jacket with cargoes or joggers is a different story...(to me anyway..)

Absolutely @Andreatoo.  I was just going by the pic you posted.  Imo, that isn't a good look.  Perhaps with dark trouser jeans, but even then imo the look is dated.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

I really like the tweedyness, but 🙁 it is too short for me.  Then again, if it were longer I think that particular tweedyness would work against it.

But, if the proportions work for you - go for it!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

For some reason I don't like the look when it's buttoned, but do like it open. My main consideration is whether it has some sort of pockets. It doesn't look like it has any.

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

For some reason I don't like the look when it's buttoned, but do like it open. My main consideration is whether it has some sort of pockets. It doesn't look like it has any.

@Etoile308 

the reason I posted the open pic is because at first glance I thought it would look strange open! Fortunately it doesn't.

I did purchase the Basso Chanel inspired jacket and it doesn't have pockets either BUT the length is such that your pants pockets are easily accesible without interfering with the line of the jacket...