Respected Contributor

They are one of my best looks, love that they are available again.  

Honored Contributor

I really don't care for the look at all.  Reminds me of the "Puffy shirt" episode in Seinfeld.

Esteemed Contributor

I like them because I have small shoulders and they even me out Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

The 60s calling. No go then and now for me. Looks juvenile.

Respected Contributor

I always have had narrow shoulders and as one ages they slope down a bit too, and a soft gather at the shoulder line helps so much in a much softer way than a tailored structured build-up on the shoulder like shoulder pads.  

A sweater with a softly ruched sleeve cap works wonders for narrow shoulders but helps even out a pear shape too.  I recently received A385149 , and it looks wonderful on me besides being a beautifully made sweater.  The drapey sleeves are gorgeous, and the body of the sweater is slimming but not too tight.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gathered/Puffed Sleeves

[ Edited ]

Brings to mind the Seinfeld puffy shirt episode.  The image is burned in my brain.

Respected Contributor

I have noticed a few pieces out there with gathered sleeves, so I had an idea that this was trending. Most of what I've seen, however, is just slight gathering at the top of the sleeve (as opposed to the full "puffy sleeve"), although I've also seen some sweaters without the gathering at the shoulder and with a fuller sleeve in general (a slight "bishop sleeve"). One of the first things I saw was this denim jacket at Talbots (sorry the photo is a little small). 

Unknown.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

I think they look juvenile.  Think Little Bo Peep. I think Princess Beatrice's wedding gown would have been prettier if the sleeves that were added would have been sleeker.  This is a trend I will let pass me by. 

Honored Contributor

I watched a re-run of "Cagney and Lacey" yesterday and Cagney was going to a big event where she wore a green silk puffed sleeve gown circa the 80's. It was atrocious and pretty much how I feel about puffed sleeves in general....

Honored Contributor

Next they'll have us wearing pinafores and sashes with Mary Janes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment