Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Did Gary's name come up in the May 'let's target this person' lottery? 

He decided to wear some jean jackets and all of a sudden I'm seeing posts in different places within the QVC Community just dogging him out for it.

smh

It is an equal opportunity scolding board where every single vendor has had their share of criticism. I have seen some scathing "critiques" of Bob Mackie. Louis had his day a few weeks ago.

Personally, I do not see why if someone isn't a fan of Gary's jacket that they should be censored. It isn't Gary that they are criticizing. When someone claims to be the "designer" of a clothing line and they wear something reminiscent of 1981, then customers will notice....

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11- I respectfully disagree.  I think the way the OP's first post is worded is definitely throwing shade at Gary personally.  

I think it implies that, if he calls himself a designer, he should wear something more in keeping with Paris or Milan designers.  JMHO.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Trinity11- I respectfully disagree.  I think the way the OP's first post is worded is definitely throwing shade at Gary personally.  

I think it implies that, if he calls himself a designer, he should wear something more in keeping with Paris or Milan designers.  JMHO.

Well, Gary often used to say in his presentations that he goes to Paris and Milan for inspiration for his "designs." I don't think the OP is throwing shade on Gary rather telling it like it is.

I guess if someone claims to be using inspiration from Paris and Milan, it is a logical conclusion that maybe we would see something that looks that way. So far...still waiting.

Esteemed Contributor

@alicedee @alicedee wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I remember when Dennis Basso, who is always dressed nicely, showed up wearing pink shorts. That was a sight to behold.  His luggage was misplaced...the show went on.

I totally took this the wrong way when I first read it...now I can’t stop laughing!

@alicedee  So glad I'm not the only one!! <giggle>

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Only leisure suit I remember was my FIL wearing one in the early 1970's. It was polyester and awful. My husband suggested (privately) he not wear it in public again. To our knowledge, he did not. One of those son teaches father how to dress moments!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I remember when Dennis Basso, who is always dressed nicely, showed up wearing pink shorts. That was a sight to behold.  His luggage was misplaced...the show went on.

I totally took this the wrong way when I first read it...now I can’t stop laughing!

Maybe I should have written Bermuda shorts.  Oops.

Honored Contributor

This was definitely a dig at Gary.  No 2 ways about it.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

This was definitely a dig at Gary.  No 2 ways about it.

@Lipstickdiva, hard to imagine spinning it any other way.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Okay, regarding his wearing pink shorts, I totally thought it referred to underwear. I didn't even stop to consider that of course that would never happen.

I obviously need a nap.

Still, though, pink actual shorts must have been a sight to see.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Okay, regarding his wearing pink shorts, I totally thought it referred to underwear. I didn't even stop to consider that of course that would never happen.

I obviously need a nap.

Still, though, pink actual shorts must have been a sight to see.

@suzyQ3   I am still laughing!!!   And just for the record, I don't dislike Gary at all....he seems like a very personable and kind person, and does a good job presenting the clothing.  My giggles are purely over the pink shorts and the misplaced luggage!!