Honored Contributor

I think Dennis Basso wore the pink shorts, not Gary

leave-gary-alone.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I think Dennis Basso wore the pink shorts, not Gary

leave-gary-alone.jpg

@Greeneyedlady21, I think the references have been about Basso, at least mine was. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

My husband owned a leisure suit back in the day and IMO looked very handsome in it. I saw the show with Gary this morning and he definitely was not wearing a leisure suit, but a Texas Tuxedo. Since Gary lost 12 pounds he wants to show off his slimness and appear more relaxed and hip IMO and there's nothing wrong with that.

Honored Contributor

Why do people pick Gary apart? He seems like a genuine nice person.  He always looks very nice. What is he suppose to wear selling D&CO? A formal suit?

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@Trinity11- I respectfully disagree.  I think the way the OP's first post is worded is definitely throwing shade at Gary personally.  

I think it implies that, if he calls himself a designer, he should wear something more in keeping with Paris or Milan designers.  JMHO.

Well, Gary often used to say in his presentations that he goes to Paris and Milan for inspiration for his "designs." I don't think the OP is throwing shade on Gary rather telling it like it is.

I guess if someone claims to be using inspiration from Paris and Milan, it is a logical conclusion that maybe we would see something that looks that way. So far...still waiting.

They look for trends (colors, patterns, detail, etc.), then interpret them in a D&Co way. I don't know why everyone always thinks it's so hilarious that they look to some of the places known for fashion in order to incorporate some of the things they see into QVC clothing. Nobody claims it's going to look like something off the Paris runway.

Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@alicedee @alicedee wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I remember when Dennis Basso, who is always dressed nicely, showed up wearing pink shorts. That was a sight to behold.  His luggage was misplaced...the show went on.

I totally took this the wrong way when I first read it...now I can’t stop laughing!

@alicedee  So glad I'm not the only one!! <giggle>

I confess to sharing the same reaction. But I won't post my initial response because it would not be in keeping with community standards...tears from laughing...

Honored Contributor
Is this how the catty ladies talk about others, OP? Not so nice when it's about you, I bet.
"To each their own, in all things".
Occasional Contributor

Mr. Goben always looks well dressed in my opinion, whether it's in a suit or a denim jacket and jeans.  He presents the D&C clothes in a very knowledgeable and professional manner.  I enjoy watching his presentations and am quite happy with my D&C purchases.  Everyone has their own opinion regarding hosts, vendors, clothing, etc.  If you like what you see, great.  If you don't, then change the channel.  No one forces anyone else to watch QVC so if you're displeased with what you see then feel free to move on.  Life is too short to worry about such things.  Be well!