Respected Contributor

Re: Gary Gary - What were you thinking?

I didn't see anything wrong with it, and I didn't think the models looked the least bit embarrassed to be wearing it. It's fine to say that the style isn't something you like, but that doesn't mean there's something wrong with the item or the entire line. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo

I was thinking "horz paint" = horizontal painterly...???

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

D&Co. which is suppose to be the Q's brand needs a reality check with prices.  Are they competing with Isaac?  Isaac gives you style and design.  Maria looked fine to me and the top is cute.  Cat Very Happy 

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I didnt see anything drastically wrong with the top (altho I too didnt like it) and didnt get any perception (based on my opinion of it?) that any of the models looked embarrassed. Is their job to model garments indifferently and without bias to their own tastes. While I am not generally a fan of stipes of any kind, I see the top has sold out in quite a few sizes/colors. Many different tastes, likes and dislikes .......so while I agree I also didnt care to buy the top....others apparently felt differently. I dont see the top as a flaw in Garys thinking as sales speak much louder then my own tastes for sure. I know I definetely do not speak for the masses.  Smiley Happy xxxxxxxx Stormy

Respected Contributor

Too many pastels - not for me.  I'd let Gary know if I were on FB.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I just watched the video - Maria's top fit her perfectly. Actually I thought it looked pretty nice. Many people like striped shirts.

Respected Contributor

I think it's kinda cute...if it had a v-neck and elbow sleeves, I'd be tempted. The shirt fits Maria very nicely, I think--it doesn't look tight or stretched over her chest at all. It would look sloppy and baggy if she sized up.

As for the models looking "embarrassed", well, I don't think they did. Too often, others project THEIR feelings onto the models!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

I'd like to know, too.  The last two shirts I purchased from D&Co didn't fit me in the chest either.  So I stopped purchasing their stuff.

Between them and the wierd changes being made with Joan Rivers Collection, I'm just hoping this "disease" doesn't spread to SG.  UGH.  Smiley Sad

I have to say i have also found some of the SG items i have

ordered have also been a bit tighter in the chest area and def tighter in the upper arm area.....and i haven't gained weight in those areas but the clothes do fit differently...

Honored Contributor

I love those painterly shirts and ordered two, the blue and the orange, yesterday.  I ordered one similar last year and one the year before.  They're fun and not so rigid as exactly straight formal stripes plus the broken stripes are more flattering. They don't present the strong unbroken line that regular stripes do. 

I didn't see any embarassed models. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment