Honored Contributor

Re: Gabrielle and Denim & Co

I love Gabrielle too and Alberti is another good host that we don't often see.
Super Contributor

On 4/6/2015 Perkup said:

Probably because she doesn't have "seniority', in spite of the fact that she has one of the best presentation styles in the Q. Very much enjoy Gabrielle, who has stow of the cutest kids ever, but keeps here personal life separate from her job Thanks Gabrielle!

Personally I wish they would put some of the "more experienced" hosts on at night and let some of the really good newbies go daytime.

It has nothing to do with "seniority".

Hosts hired after her are currently on the day & prime time shifts. It's all about "revenue".

G does not blow the doors off with sales period. As for her preferring the overnights. I disagree. I think she would jump at the chance for daytime or prime time hours.

The most definitive proof comes from when she worked with Lisa on PM Style?

When Lisa was off, they always brought in other hosts to lead the show while G languished on the computer.

She was never allowed to step in for Lisa. Bottom line, it's all about sales.

Regular Contributor

On 4/6/2015 HHC1 said:
On 4/6/2015 Perkup said:

Probably because she doesn't have "seniority', in spite of the fact that she has one of the best presentation styles in the Q. Very much enjoy Gabrielle, who has stow of the cutest kids ever, but keeps here personal life separate from her job Thanks Gabrielle!

Personally I wish they would put some of the "more experienced" hosts on at night and let some of the really good newbies go daytime.

It has nothing to do with "seniority".

Hosts hired after her are currently on the day & prime time shifts. It's all about "revenue".

G does not blow the doors off with sales period. As for her preferring the overnights. I disagree. I think she would jump at the chance for daytime or prime time hours.

The most definitive proof comes from when she worked with Lisa on PM Style?

When Lisa was off, they always brought in other hosts to lead the show while G languished on the computer.

She was never allowed to step in for Lisa. Bottom line, it's all about sales.

No one will ever know the inside scoop of why some hosts are still stuck on the overnight shift while others are promoted to days. I know not long after Lisa Mason left I remember seeing Gabrielle quite a bit during the day hours, but it seems as though after getting pregnant and having her daughter she seemed to be relegated back to the overnight shift. So perhaps Gabrielle prefers it that way. Just hope this isn't a repeat of years past with previous hosts Gwen Owens and Victor Velez being passed over for promotions over hosts who had less seniority then them.