Trusted Contributor

GMA Comment on Meghan Wearing Pantyhose

Was watching GMA this morning and they showed Meghan dressed for Prince Charles' birthday doings yesterday.

A comment was made by Lara Spencer that it looks like Meghan has been converted  to dress now like the royals as she is wearing pantyhose. She continued on with comments making it sound like it's so awful for someone to have to wear pantyhose.

I'm sorry, but unfortunately not everyone has attractive lovely toned/tanned legs that look great bare.  Gosh, if I was to wear heels with bare legs, I'm sure everyone, including myself, would say, what was that woman thinking!!  My legs have battle scars from being active doing projects around the house, gardening, age spots, etc.  No one would want to see mine bare!

I guess I just did not like Lara Spencer making it sound like it's so awful when someone wears pantyhose.  Yes, she has beautiful legs and can carry off the look, but not everyone can.

Respected Contributor

Re: GMA Comment on Meghan Wearing Pantyhose

That’s why I don’t watch morning TV anymore. They talk about the most ridiculous things. What a waste of time and energy.

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

Was watching GMA this morning and they showed Meghan dressed for Prince Charles' birthday doings yesterday.

A comment was made by Lara Spencer that it looks like Meghan has been converted  to dress now like the royals as she is wearing pantyhose. She continued on with comments making it sound like it's so awful for someone to have to wear pantyhose.

I'm sorry, but unfortunately not everyone has attractive lovely toned/tanned legs that look great bare.  Gosh, if I was to wear heels with bare legs, I'm sure everyone, including myself, would say, what was that woman thinking!!  My legs have battle scars from being active doing projects around the house, gardening, age spots, etc.  No one would want to see mine bare!

I guess I just did not like Lara Spencer making it sound like it's so awful when someone wears pantyhose.  Yes, she has beautiful legs and can carry off the look, but not everyone can.

Another example here for the GMA bunch about what is correct and what isn't. . . Hose are one of those things that should be a personal choice and not something to complain about or make fun about.  Must we all go barelegged or be shamed?  

Respected Contributor

I don;t know why ( I was going to say News people but I won't ) people

on T,.V. feel the need to do this ....

Megan is and will do just fine ....

p.s. and yes I know some people on t.v. are journalists ....

Honored Contributor

I, for one, hope all of the GMA hosts can say they have never stepped out without being perfectly flawless if it was a statement finding flaw.  

Honored Contributor

...VERY few women look good in bare legs, especially as we age. I so dislike it when others think their way is better than my way, especially in the way I dress....and what THEY think is acceptable...'they' are usually wrong on a lot of points.

Honored Contributor

I heard that yesterday, but not sure where.  It wasn't GMA.  It stuck in my mind.  It must have been a slow news day.  

Honored Contributor

There's a dress code for official Royal events.

The Queen prefers the women wear hose.

Lara knows better, she needs to take herself back to the flea market if that's the best she can do.

Esteemed Contributor

When I dress up and my legs show... I wear Pantyhose.  I would not have it any other way. 

Trusted Contributor

DUH! Meghan is a royal now. 

She didn't give five seconds of thought before blurting that out! Smiley Happy