Honored Contributor

Do you find this expression offensive? Last night, Kim G. kept calling everyone, "Hey, Girl....". ...I know it's a Southern thing and I hear it often, just not sure I like it. 

BTW, purchased the tee with elbow length sleeves and tie on the side A 289018 in black, white (duh?) and twilight (navy). So cute!!

Honored Contributor

I just don't sweat the small stuff, life's too short.

That doesn't bother me at all and I've been called much worse, LOL!

As a born and raised southerner, I disagree that it's a 'southern thing', I don't hear it being widely used in my state (GA).

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

it’s like most language -  depends on the speaker and the receiver.   I have heard so many negative names directed at people for so long, my receiver is off except in person.

Esteemed Contributor

It doesn' t really bother me.  I don't say that but I have called my friends "girlfriend" at times.   

Cute top @shanus , it seems to be too tight on Shawn in the video though, I would size up in that one, but that's me.  Hope you like it.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

It doesn' t really bother me.  I don't say that but I have called my friends "girlfriend" at times.   

Cute top @shanus , it seems to be too tight on Shawn in the video though, I would size up in that one, but that's me.  Hope you like it.

@LindaSal   The hosts are stuck on that vanity sizing of XXS or XS whether it fits or not. I always order a medium top (shocker for a peitie), but I have very broad shoulders. I also like roomy tops that don't pull across the chest or grab when you raise your arms....especially in warmer weather. ***Wish these designers would do some pastels for spring/summer. Not everyone can wear these overly bright shades. I'd love a blush pink and a pale blue.

Respected Contributor

No. Not offended by it at all.

My friends and I tend to use it occasionally...Girrrl...it's cute. No biggie.

"Offended" in my book is saved for way bigger things....that actually were said to insult me. Intention is everything. Kim is just connecting to the "girlfriends" in all of us. I'm from up North, and say it occasionally...but, yes, I agree....it feels like a southern thing to me...but then...I have a few southern friends, and we say it to one another...term of endearment to us.

Honored Contributor

Yes,I find it offensive,but I am a Northern female.

It maybe being done to charm the South.

Respected Contributor

Shawn's been using it too.

My midwestern girlfriend just called me this recently - I'm fromthe northeast.  

I can't say I find it offensive.  Just kind of silly.  There always has to be some new word or phrase.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   That word does not irritate/offend me...BUT when some one calls me HON, SWEETIE, etc. it ruffles my feathers.  I find it condesending.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

Shawn needs to be in a large. She has changed.