Honored Contributor

Watching right now...

What is the reason why wrong size continues to be worn? Pat said she's in 10..

Pulling on the back as well chest area as well Jane...not flattering.

Honored Contributor

I don't own anything from the GILI line, but IMO when Lisa was in charge, the offerings were more distinctive, and a higher quality. At that time, the jackets were leather-- not pleather-- and the Roma handbags were lovely.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity

I'm not watching, but as I recall, even LR would squeeze into something too small for her.  It seems it became a trend. 

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama 

Can't imagine why? Not flattering wearing clothes ill-fitting. 

Should have said...previously watched instead of making it sound like I was watching the entire show...seldom ever watch full shows. To much talking!

Respected Contributor

To be clear, I think Jill's actual title is "Creative Director" for the GILI line. I don't think she has ever made any pretense to being the designer; in fact, I don't even watch a lot of GILI shows, but I've frequently heard her refer to the GILI team and meeting with the team, etc. GILI is not my cup of tea, but I think it's just another piece in the brand "pie" on QVC.

Valued Contributor

i think if the models wore the correct sizes, instead of squeezing into a smaller size, the line would look better.  It looks ridiculous when they can’t zip up the jackets or are pulling through the back and shoulders.  I’m not sure why they do this and then talk about the fit.  

Honored Contributor

@StephaniM wrote:

i think if the models wore the correct sizes, instead of squeezing into a smaller size, the line would look better.  It looks ridiculous when they can’t zip up the jackets or are pulling through the back and shoulders.  I’m not sure why they do this and then talk about the fit.  

@StephaniM  Exactly.  What is the point of having this jacket so very tight on 99% of the women wearing it in today's shows -- hosts and models?  Notice they hardly ever turn around so we can see the back?  When they do, you see how terribly tight it is and the rolls on the back -- in a jacket.  Why not just admit that you need to size up?  I really don't get it.  It could look quite lovely (if that's your style) if they size up.

I generally like that the GILI line is more trend-forward, but I usually stay clear from the clothesin this line.  I have a couple of handbags that I absolutely love, and one pair of nice shoes.  

Frequent Contributor

I like trendy clothes. I don’t mind faux leather. I shop often for clothing and wear a lot of different styles. I have friends who are size 0. However, no one I know likes this jacket.  It looks illl fitting on all the hosts and models, does not enhance their figures at all, and the back sticks out in a bad way. In general, GILI under Jill Martin, has been a big disappointment. It gets close but never seems to be able to quite be successful. Corners are cut in quality on this line and the design details are just off enough to make it a miss. My friends who work in the fashion industry find her items laughable and believe me, no one in NYC who cares about fashion is walking around in her items

Honored Contributor

All I can say is that the TSV jacket is awful.

It really does remind me of another one that sold in this line when LR was still around.  I remember her wearing it and that one, too, was awful.

Valued Contributor

The GILI jacket looks like something you could never take a deep breath in, and for sure don’t raise your arms or wear with a turtleneck ...  it’s a little too snooty a line for me and I did not feel that way when Lisa sold it ...  just my opinion but tear me limb from limb if you feel so inclined ...  knock yourself out ...