Super Contributor

Re: GILI is Lisa Robertson line end of story

On 3/27/2015 Anonymous2012 said:

I will never understand how those who like Lisa Robertson are told to move on. But those who are fans of Lisa Mason, Kathy Levine, etc can post to their hearts content and no one tells those folks to move on. Kathy Levine is allowing Paula Deen to sell products and people are okay with this? I checked out Lisa Mason's interview with Courtney and she referred to her as a "little girl". It may have some type of meaning, but I just don't care for her style. I have the right to my opinion and I will move on like all the Lisa Bashers suggest. I'm moving on from these boards that are full of narrow minded people.

Good - buh-bye.

Contributor

I believe that Jill M said there was a whole team involved with the line. I like Lisa R very much, but feel she embellished her ownership of GILI. QVC will certainly survive without her.

Honored Contributor

All I can say is that without Lisa as the face of the brand, I'm not remotely interested in what they do with it... If I happen to see something I like, fine, but I'm really not much interested.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

The thing u keep saying salesperson being a QVC host is not a job at mcdonalds. Anytime they do a casting call they get 10000 to 20000 people wanting to be a host. It takes a special person. Yes QVC owned something Lisa regretted when she created I honestly don't think she thought it would be as popular. This line was not something QVC would have ever created if it were not for LR. I think originally going to be a few pieces and then it was selling out so quickly she started featuring them on her highly rated Lisa Robertson show which wss on of the highest rated show. Remember the TSV in December it sold like gangbusters and lisa sent it back six times before she was happy. Even Laurie Shore on LR Christmas who did a Mrs Printable apple just for Lisa's show which sold in minutes said Lisa sent it back five times because it all had to be perfection in LRS eyes. She was more then a salesperson she created tons of revenue for a company and was their superstar. She lived breathed and ate this line. I love Jill Bauer but she's a terrible fit for this line and Jill Martin I just felt she wasn't talking about something she was passionate about or really made me believe that she gets the eessence of GILI. Anyways it will be interesting if LR is on HSN or Evine Live with a line similar to GILI but renamed and my guess is she will get a much bigger share of the profits.
Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 roofing said:

I believe that Jill M said there was a whole team involved with the line. I like Lisa R very much, but feel she embellished her ownership of GILI. QVC will certainly survive without her.

And I think she'll survive without them...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 3/27/2015 kalikokty said:
On 3/27/2015 Anonymous2012 said:

I will never understand how those who like Lisa Robertson are told to move on. But those who are fans of Lisa Mason, Kathy Levine, etc can post to their hearts content and no one tells those folks to move on. Kathy Levine is allowing Paula Deen to sell products and people are okay with this? I checked out Lisa Mason's interview with Courtney and she referred to her as a "little girl". It may have some type of meaning, but I just don't care for her style. I have the right to my opinion and I will move on like all the Lisa Bashers suggest. I'm moving on from these boards that are full of narrow minded people.

Good - buh-bye.

Sorry, but this just made me laugh. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor

On 3/27/2015 JONNYSBRO said: The thing u keep saying salesperson being a QVC host is not a job at mcdonalds. Anytime they do a casting call they get 10000 to 20000 people wanting to be a host. It takes a special person. Yes QVC owned something Lisa regretted when she created I honestly don't think she thought it would be as popular. This line was not something QVC would have ever created if it were not for LR. I think originally going to be a few pieces and then it was selling out so quickly she started featuring them on her highly rated Lisa Robertson show which wss on of the highest rated show. Remember the TSV in December it sold like gangbusters and lisa sent it back six times before she was happy. Even Laurie Shore on LR Christmas who did a Mrs Printable apple just for Lisa's show which sold in minutes said Lisa sent it back five times because it all had to be perfection in LRS eyes. She was more then a salesperson she created tons of revenue for a company and was their superstar. She lived breathed and ate this line. I love Jill Bauer but she's a terrible fit for this line and Jill Martin I just felt she wasn't talking about something she was passionate about or really made me believe that she gets the eessence of GILI. Anyways it will be interesting if LR is on HSN or Evine Live with a line similar to GILI but renamed and my guess is she will get a much bigger share of the profits.
Why not just build a shrine where you can worship her every day. This is just a woman we're talking about, right
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/27/2015 Alsee said:
On 3/27/2015 JONNYSBRO said: The thing u keep saying salesperson being a QVC host is not a job at mcdonalds. Anytime they do a casting call they get 10000 to 20000 people wanting to be a host. It takes a special person. Yes QVC owned something Lisa regretted when she created I honestly don't think she thought it would be as popular. This line was not something QVC would have ever created if it were not for LR. I think originally going to be a few pieces and then it was selling out so quickly she started featuring them on her highly rated Lisa Robertson show which wss on of the highest rated show. Remember the TSV in December it sold like gangbusters and lisa sent it back six times before she was happy. Even Laurie Shore on LR Christmas who did a Mrs Printable apple just for Lisa's show which sold in minutes said Lisa sent it back five times because it all had to be perfection in LRS eyes. She was more then a salesperson she created tons of revenue for a company and was their superstar. She lived breathed and ate this line. I love Jill Bauer but she's a terrible fit for this line and Jill Martin I just felt she wasn't talking about something she was passionate about or really made me believe that she gets the eessence of GILI. Anyways it will be interesting if LR is on HSN or Evine Live with a line similar to GILI but renamed and my guess is she will get a much bigger share of the profits.
Why not just build a shrine where you can worship her every day. This is just a woman we're talking about, right

Lots of videos online for those missing her.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Regular Contributor

Well said .....I hope she doesn't go to another shopping channel-
Super Contributor

Seems like you ""eat live and breathe"" Lisa Robertson. How very sad for you.