Honored Contributor

Re: GILI is Lisa Robertson line end of story

On 3/27/2015 srgtdj said:

I find the whole LR/GILI issue fascinating. Lisa was a saleswoman...period. Not a fashion designer. She worked with a QVC team to tweak designer items so they could be made on a broader, cheaper scale. To give Lisa credit for anything more than that seems silly. She was a great salesperson..but that's it. She wore the items beautifully. And if you count the term "amazing amazing" as a good descriptor then you might argue that she described the items well. So, we are left with a GILI line and no Lisa. I don't see what the fuss is. If the line survives..great. If not..so what? Is there a reason why we should hope for the line to fail just because the salesperson changed? I really enjoyed watching Lisa on the Q. But I fail to understand why people want to give her celebrity status or talk about her as if she had a life, beauty, intellect, etc that anyone should envy. I liked her...but I'd never want to be her nor would I want her life. If GILI items can work in my life--then I'll buy--regardless of who the sales lady is.

As for Jill...I don't think she is the fashionista that Lisa tried to be. I think Jill has other priorities. I also think Jill likes to spend her money on higher end items. So I don't imagine she's clamoring to use GILI items. Frankly, if people on these boards could afford the originals..and wanted to spend their money on the originals..they wouldn't look twice at the GILI copies either.

Ya' don't say, Popeye.

Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 redngold said:
On 3/27/2015 Puppy Lips said:

I never saw anything in the GILI line that I liked (for my anyway) and I thought it was way overpriced.

It is way overpriced, especially for what it is....a house brand that no one outside of QVC shoppers has ever heard of.

Yeh, u'm thankin' I might just stick with my Dooneys and Brahmins. You know muh donkeys and cows.

Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 BMPerry said:
On 3/27/2015 fallsnow56 said:

And Lisa left...end of story{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

EXACTLY, people get over it...she was NOT some sort of GOD !!! She was a QVC host and nothing more...

And opened this thread because.........

Super Contributor

On 3/27/2015 BMPerry said:
On 3/27/2015 fallsnow56 said:

And Lisa left...end of story{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

EXACTLY, people get over it...she was NOT some sort of GOD !!! She was a QVC host and nothing more...

The Lisa lovers will NEVER "get over it."

Esteemed Contributor

JOHNNYSBRO ... are you Lisa or a relative of Lisa's??
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/27/2015 turtle52 said:
On 3/27/2015 JONNYSBRO said: I watched the new girl I wasn't impressed at all. She didn't sell the line the way LR did. You have to understand GILI was created by QVC and LR because they would get so many calls about what Lisa was wearing they were her own couture clothes. She ate lived and breathed GILI and anytime it was on LR show she would sell out of it all. While I give her credit for trying she was GILI period end of story

1. The new person is a woman--NOT a GIRL!

2. Many of the GILI items that Lisa "sold" didn't sell and were/are offered at greatly reduced prices. Many were problematic and got bad reviews.

You REALLY need to take up a hobby, get a job or get out more JB!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/27/2015 NYwoman said:

Jill M has had plenty of experience selling her products before on QVC. She was clueless on fashion.

G.I.L.I. is selling a lifestyle. The line represents a person who embodies high style and luxury items. The name states it all---"got it, love it". The buyer aspires to look like the designer, who knocked it off of a huge name brand. Let"s face it----that ain't Jill M. As she herself stated; she wants to evolve it into multi purpose everyday wear. It will NOT be as it was created and buyers beware. Life goes on.

High style and luxury? Sorry, I disagree.

Esteemed Contributor

The OP likes to post and talk about Lisa. Our time is our own to kill.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/27/2015 redngold said:
On 3/27/2015 Puppy Lips said:

I never saw anything in the GILI line that I liked (for my anyway) and I thought it was way overpriced.

It is way overpriced, especially for what it is....a house brand that no one outside of QVC shoppers has ever heard of.

That's exactly how I see it too.

Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 taja123 said:
On 3/27/2015 NYwoman said:

Jill M has had plenty of experience selling her products before on QVC. She was clueless on fashion.

G.I.L.I. is selling a lifestyle. The line represents a person who embodies high style and luxury items. The name states it all---"got it, love it". The buyer aspires to look like the designer, who knocked it off of a huge name brand. Let"s face it----that ain't Jill M. As she herself stated; she wants to evolve it into multi purpose everyday wear. It will NOT be as it was created and buyers beware. Life goes on.

Some posts are actually getting embarrassing.

The *thread* is embarrassing.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all