Trusted Contributor

The new camo blazer is on PMS now. No discussion of sizes except to say it is fitted so you could size up if you wanted to wear a sweater under it.  Again the model Jacqui does not have it fastened.  It looks like it will not close over her chest.  Guess they don't want us chesty girls to even consider purchasing it.  The colors are dark so it is hard to see the camo.  I will not take a chance.  I did try the camo vest and had to return it because the sizing was way off for me and what I had expected it to be.  No more taking chances with this brand.  I just do not have luck with it.  I had a purse fall in apart, a print flake all over my clothes,etc.  Oh well.  Back to the designers I trust.

Respected Contributor

Re: GILI camo blazer. A279717

I heard Jackie say she sized UP to  a 16 for her bust. Seriously? The jacket would not begin to meet on her. There was,at least ,4-5 inches between the blazer openings,and the little open seam in back was stretched to show her white top. And Shawn says she is in a size two ,just like GILI Jill. Not!    

Esteemed Contributor

Not only does the jacket not fit model Jaqui since she can't close it, it's too small on her even though she says she is wearing a size 16 so presumably she went up a size due to her having a large bust. The jacket looked tight in the arms and shoulders too.

For someone like Jill Martin, whose past books have black blazers as wardrobe staples, this camo blazer is a miss. It might have sold out but I predict a lot of returns due to poor fit. Jill Martin totally ignores the fact that the jacket doesn't fit Jaqui, that's how desparate she is to sell it. A real creative director would have made sure that the clothes fit the models.

Honored Contributor

Jaqui's clothing that she models is never fit right on her, not her fault I think

Not sure how I feel about the camo blazer.  I do like the camo stuff but that sort of missed for me

Respected Contributor

Poor Jacqui's weight has gone up by at least ten pounds over the past eighteen months or so.  She isn't busty now, and never was when she was at her lower weight.  That's just not her body type.  The problem is that the stylists keep putting her in the size that she used to wear.  This has been noticeable for a while now, but it was glaringly evident in the camo jacket presentation.  Just take a look at how she appeared when she modeled GILI during Lisa's tenure (for instance, the faux leather pencil skirt - you can find this video on Youtube), versus how she appears today.  She is heavier everywhere, from chin to torso to legs.  Struggles with weight are nothing new to any of us, but it doesn't do anything to help sales by putting models in the wrong size.

Honored Contributor

I missed it last night but watched the video and I love the jacket and ordered it in navy.  I would of liked the gray but it sold out in my size. I thought it looked great on Jill.  I never button my blazers I like it open.  Looking forward to receiving it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pecky wrote:

I missed it last night but watched the video and I love the jacket and ordered it in navy.  I would of liked the gray but it sold out in my size. I thought it looked great on Jill.  I never button my blazers I like it open.  Looking forward to receiving it.

@Pecky:

I ordered it, too. I'm a slender gal and this one will probably work for me. I have only 1 GILI jacket (all others went back) that fits well, so I used that size (8). I like the standup collar, the whimsy of camo in grays (rather than olive), and I wear a lot of black-charcoal-cream-whites, so this will work.

{I never think items fit well on Shawn, who insists on wearing every item shown in too-small sizes. As to the models chosen, I doubt Jill gets a say or wants one in that. It did look good on Jill, with a simple white tee and straight leg jeans.}

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I missed this, but I think it's really cute!  I prefer the navy anyway!  My size is gone!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

The Q needs to hire some new stylists and creative directors, IMO. We the viewers can notice when the clothes don't fit the models properly-- or don't look flattering-- so why can't the trained professionals??!!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

The Q has seemed to have issues with styling for as long as I've been paying attention! (5 years) Even Amanda, the slender blonde, couldn't close the jacket! Neither could Shawn but that's her doing...

If you intend to wear it open that's fine but that shouldn't preclude proper fit!

I did think the jacket was cute but for the fabrication. I would prefer something other than the ponte knit...I actually find that a lot with Gili; needs tweaking or perhaps less of it..