Super Contributor

Re: GILI bag for $340 and no 'feet'.....um, no thanks

I have treasured every one of my GILI bags so far. I need a bigger one. I think this is it. Love big bags! Great leather and never too much "stuff" (zippers etc) that I don't use. The simple lines always get plenty of compliments. I could use this one in a couple of colors. More GILI bags, please!

Honored Contributor

I've seen feet on $30 plastic handbags and no feet on bags that cost $2000. Feet on bag doesn't mean a thing.
Trusted Contributor

Feet or no feet? I've seen feet and no feet in all price ranges. Some people insist on them; others (like me) couldn't care less about feet on handbags. I don't think most of them are really that functional anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sitting my $340. bag on the floor. And, hobos usually don't have feet. I think Amy was holding this bag, and it looked bizarre on a petite person, or one of 5'2" or 5'4", whichever she is.

Respected Contributor

I don't care if it had ten feet on it..I would not pay that much for non name brand handbag..especially a house brand..,nuts

Honored Contributor

for me, i dont care what the brand name is......i expect a great quality at that price. so far, the GILI handbags i have bought all have exceeded my expectations. just because it is a "brand name" doesnt make it a good purchase either. i dont go for the brand name, i go for the quality and style and uniqueness of the handbag.....at all price points.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

On 1/31/2015 sunshine45 said:

for me, i dont care what the brand name is......i expect a great quality at that price. so far, the GILI handbags i have bought all have exceeded my expectations. just because it is a "brand name" doesnt make it a good purchase either. i dont go for the brand name, i go for the quality and style and uniqueness of the handbag.....at all price points.

I totally agree! And the leather quality on GILI hobos is amazing! Those who never bought the bag wouldn't know....
Honored Contributor

$10 shipping seems right for a big bag - maybe even cheap!

As for feet - do I own a hobo with feet? Not that I know of. This week I'm carrying a leather Coach hobo - no feet and no way I'd want feet on this style.

Valued Contributor

S&H is $13 on this one....but it was $8 for an Isaac scarf.....
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/31/2015 CouponQueen said:

I don't care if it had ten feet on it..I would not pay that much for non name brand handbag..especially a house brand..,nuts

How right you are. This isn't a brand name bag at all. If it was, it would be sold nationwide. This bag can only be found on QVC. I think these bags are unattractive in every respect. I wouldn't even pay 100 for it.