Super Contributor

Re: GILI a no on Jill B. and other full figure models

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

I went and watched the video. Jill B looked like a frump. Her pants, the sneakers and that barn blanket being passed as a coat made her look terrible. THe models looked pretty bad as well. This is one of those items that looks good on a very tall and very thin body type. Nothing wrong with saying that; some things just look better on certain body shapes and heights.

So true! I went and looked at the video.....Jill looked terrible in this cardigan! But she looks frumpy and dumpy most of the time anyway. Style is definitely not her thing.

I don't think it had anything to do with her figure or height. If you wear something like this sweater, it only looks good over 'skinny'......skinny jeans like Jill M was wearing or a long skinny dress like the model had on. You CAN pull this off if you are short.....you just need the right thing under it and some heels. Not those long dumpy jeans and gym shoes Jill B was wearing. What a hot mess!!

Edited to add: Even without this sweater, her outfit was awful! Those jeans and the gym shoes?!?  Oy vey!

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~

Valued Contributor

Gili is not what it used to be....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@walkingal wrote:

I couldn't figure out what she was wearing.  

I couldn't either, in fact, catching a glimpse of her with Mally and only seeing the upper part of her body I commented on some other thread that the weather in Philly must have turned cold because Jill was bundled up in a leather jacket and a heavy woven muffler around her neck. Just now reading this thread have learned what it really was. It was looking seriously bad, wrong size for her or wrong style for her or..........well just wrong.

@shaggygirl, what Jill had on during the Mally show wasn't what the subject of this thread is about.  Jill had on a faux leather coat with a drape sweater collar that was attached to the coat.  It looked like she threw a scarf on but it was part of the jacket.

She had that on for part of the GILI show then changed into this oversized drape front sweater.  2 different items but neither really worked for her. 

Aha, thank you, my mistake. But in that case she had on not one but two yugly (yucky/ugly) things during the course of the evening. Well three if you count the way too long pants. She's such a pretty woman, whoever styles her, not just last evening but almost every time she's on, should be fired.

Respected Contributor

That sweater was a hot mess.  I saw it this morning on AM Style with Leah.  Those sweater with cascade fronts is not a good look on most women.  I saw it on Jill B. when she presented it earlier in the week and thought it wasn't a good look on her.  It wouldn't be on me either.

Honored Contributor

I like that style jacket or vest - but the proportions have to be just right for it to look good.  

It took me a bit of trial and error to find the right length/width for the "cascade" front, and you need to place the sleeves in just the right position so it hangs correctly in the back. 

The QVC tendency for hosts and models to wear clothes too small doesn't do much to help the vendors sell their stuff.