Contributor

GILI Special Value Peplum Jacket

I was very reluctant to purchase this jacket given that it was faux leather. I have purchased many lamb leather jackets including some Pamela McCoy that I purchased years ago also with, more recently, a few Dennis Basso leather jackets. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this jacket and the way it accentuates my waist and does not add weight to my hips. I am short-waisted and peplum jackets usually make me look ridiculous. This one is the exception. I am large busted and should have sized up to account for that but I just reordered the jacket in a larger size and am considering getting it in another color. It is striking and the fact that it is washable does not hurt either! So happy I took a chance.

Super Contributor

Re: GILI Special Value Peplum Jacket

That was such a cute jacket and I was so tempted to buy it for my daughter. She's the kind of person who has to try something on first though. I should have went ahead and got it for. I also thought about getting the burgundy colored one for my Mom. It looks like a jacket that a teen could wear or some like my Mom who is 76. She does yoga, goes to excersize class and has a cute little shape. I'm going to put this on my wish list and hope that it goes on sale before Christmas.

I'm so glad to hear you like your new jacket! I was wondering about the quality but you said it's really nice so that's good to hear. What color did you get? And it's washable too? I so wish I would have ordered 2 of them.

Contributor

Re: GILI Special Value Peplum Jacket

I ordered the black and will be buying the chestnut too. I am sure your daughter and your mom will love it!