Valued Contributor

GILI Military Coat - Review for CHI-TOWN GIRL!

Hey, so I received the coat today. Good news is - it fits. More or less, that is. The shoulder seaming is right where it should be, so a size up would have been too large. However, the sleeves are too long and they are very narrow. So, I could barely put it on with a thinner top on. I do like the look overall...... Now, the bad news --- as some reviews stated, the quality is not very good. The material looks pretty cheap and I guess it was expected given it's not wool.... and I honestly don't imagine the coat looking good after washing..... consequently, I don't see using this coat for more than one season.....and that's not something worth paying $191 for.... sadly, it goes back. I probably would have paid ONE easy pay for it Smiley Wink Did you get yours??
Honored Contributor

Re: GILI Military Coat - Review for CHI-TOWN GIRL!

Hey TK-thx for posting. Sadly, my military coat is also going back. I don't like the fabric and the fit is off. Too tight to wear layers or as a winter coat. I also returned the IMAN TSV coat because of the cheap zipper. Both coats priced at over 150--I expect more! Expecting several anticipated shipments this week. Hoping we love the GILI zipper dress and skirt. And, I also bought several cute things from the new Target designer collaboration with Joseph Altuzarra, including a jacquard trench coat for 89 dollars. Bet you are excited to get your new GILI satchel ;-)

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

No kidding!!! And I really hope the skirt is of better quality! Oh well, worse case I'll save myself some $$$ haha. NY&CO has a lot of sales and their items are of better quality than this coat!!! Can't believe Lisa sells such poor quality for such a high price!!!
Valued Contributor

Hope you enjoy your other purchase as well! Smiley Happy don't know that A brand...
Honored Contributor

On 9/15/2014 tough_kitty said: No kidding!!! And I really hope the skirt is of better quality! Oh well, worse case I'll save myself some $$$ haha. NY&CO has a lot of sales and their items are of better quality than this coat!!! Can't believe Lisa sells such poor quality for such a high price!!!
It's hit or miss with online shopping-every line has great stuff and poor. No big deal. I won't keep anything questionable-size, quality, etc. There are a couple threads in fashion about the Target/Altuzarra collection. Google Altuzarra Target collection for info or go to Target website to see it. A number of items have sold out, but there is still some inventory.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

My Mom ordered the coat and returned it within a day. She had the exact same complaint, cute style, material not up to par. This has been my experience thus far with the clothing line of GILI. The execution is a problem. I liked the designs of some of the leather jackets, admittedly I am noticing a slight addiction, but when held it felt like it would tear like tissue paper. If the jacket with the fringe is the same leather quality, I will be very disappointed. Cheap materials annoy me at any price. end of rant. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Valued Contributor

On 9/17/2014 Rottie_mama said:

My Mom ordered the coat and returned it within a day. She had the exact same complaint, cute style, material not up to par. This has been my experience thus far with the clothing line of GILI. The execution is a problem. I liked the designs of some of the leather jackets, admittedly I am noticing a slight addiction, but when held it felt like it would tear like tissue paper. If the jacket with the fringe is the same leather quality, I will be very disappointed. Cheap materials annoy me at any price. end of rant. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Yep, and ESPECIALLY at a high price!!!!

I also got the top to match the GILI skirt, A258262, and for $70 (incl. S&H+tax) I expected better quality!!! It was wrinkled and not a good feel....I mean, it's 100% polyester, so I guess $59.27 is charged solely for the design... I like the design - the zipper can go all the way up and down, but I don't want to pay THIS much for average quality...

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for these reviews. I've hesitated on buying any GILI and now I'm thinking that was good.