Frequent Contributor

Think of the cleaning bill before purchasing.

Super Contributor

ITA Carol. I would think it is very pricey to clean, and if you don't clean it, over time it would be stinky from body odors. You would not be able to wear perfume or body lotions of any kind, when you're wearing it, I would guess.

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/24/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I understood exactly what Lisa means with putting on and taking off this dress. I have a couple very fitted dresses that I have to put on before my hair or make-up are done because otherwise, the hair gets ruined and the dress ends up with make-up on it. Then to get these dresses off, I have to grab them at the bottom hem and pull them up, turning the dress inside out as I take it over my head.

The dresses aren't ill-fitting, it's just the way they are made and there is no easy way to get in them. There is a hole for my head and arm holes but no other closure to open to get the dress on or off and the dress isn't knit to stretch out.

I like this dress alright but it's not something I'd buy because it's not something I'd wear a lot. The whole thing just seems uncomfortable to me. Everytime I see Lisa in it, she looks jammed in it and the belt is pulled too tight, or at least that's the way it looks.

Clearly I am too lazy to own dresses like that!

Honored Contributor
On 2/24/2014 brii said: I'm reminded if the episode of Friends when Ross is stuck in the bathroom trying to get the leather pants off. Lol
HA! Spot on! And I wonder if this dress ""squeaks"" like leather does? Ooo Baby....out on a romantic dinner & you lean in for a kiss & your dress sounds like a gassy 13-yr old boy lettin' one loose!!!
Frequent Contributor

I love the dress. It is one of those fresh new looks that I often say Q lacks. I can't wait to get it. I will not wear it regularly but I don't wear the couple of gowns regularly that I bought for black tie events either. I see it serving as a special occassion dress. It works for me.

Honored Contributor
On 2/24/2014 naturalfan said:
On 2/24/2014 imaclotheshog said:
On 2/24/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I understood exactly what Lisa means with putting on and taking off this dress. I have a couple very fitted dresses that I have to put on before my hair or make-up are done because otherwise, the hair gets ruined and the dress ends up with make-up on it. Then to get these dresses off, I have to grab them at the bottom hem and pull them up, turning the dress inside out as I take it over my head.

The dresses aren't ill-fitting, it's just the way they are made and there is no easy way to get in them. There is a hole for my head and arm holes but no other closure to open to get the dress on or off and the dress isn't knit to stretch out.

I like this dress alright but it's not something I'd buy because it's not something I'd wear a lot. The whole thing just seems uncomfortable to me. Everytime I see Lisa in it, she looks jammed in it and the belt is pulled too tight, or at least that's the way it looks.

ITA, no interest in this dress at all. I hope ladies do not get stuck in it, trying to get it on or off!

Seems like a lot of work to get dressed and undressed. Not to mention getting the dress cleaned. And if it is so fitted, are you going to be "perspiring" in it? Thought I would use the more polite word than sweat.

It's really not that big of a deal. It's not like it takes 20 minutes to shimmy into the thing. LOL

I think a lot of leather tops, dresses and some jackets have pads in them that you take in and out so that's all you have to wash instead of cleaning the entire item. I don't know. I'm not a leather dress kinda gal.

Honored Contributor
I had a royal blue leather dress. It was lined and had pads that you could remove and wash. It had a full length zipper and was so comfortable to wear. Lisa's does not look comfortable. I don't know if that's on purpose or not.
Contributor
On 2/24/2014 shan113 said:

I love the dress. It is one of those fresh new looks that I often say Q lacks. I can't wait to get it. I will not wear it regularly but I don't wear the couple of gowns regularly that I bought for black tie events either. I see it serving as a special occassion dress. It works for me.

Enjoy the dress!! I also think it is beautiful. I am too busty for this style and I live in a worm climate to get much use out of it. But, if I lived in the NE where I lived until 5 year ago, I would definitely try this dress. If the leather is nice and soft there is no reason why this dress would not be comfortable.

Esteemed Contributor

It looks like one of Jane Tracy's vintage dresses.

Respected Contributor

Don't recall Jane wearing leather. For me I would be more interested if it was a bit longer.