Honored Contributor

I understood exactly what Lisa means with putting on and taking off this dress. I have a couple very fitted dresses that I have to put on before my hair or make-up are done because otherwise, the hair gets ruined and the dress ends up with make-up on it. Then to get these dresses off, I have to grab them at the bottom hem and pull them up, turning the dress inside out as I take it over my head.

The dresses aren't ill-fitting, it's just the way they are made and there is no easy way to get in them. There is a hole for my head and arm holes but no other closure to open to get the dress on or off and the dress isn't knit to stretch out.

I like this dress alright but it's not something I'd buy because it's not something I'd wear a lot. The whole thing just seems uncomfortable to me. Everytime I see Lisa in it, she looks jammed in it and the belt is pulled too tight, or at least that's the way it looks.

Super Contributor
On 2/24/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I understood exactly what Lisa means with putting on and taking off this dress. I have a couple very fitted dresses that I have to put on before my hair or make-up are done because otherwise, the hair gets ruined and the dress ends up with make-up on it. Then to get these dresses off, I have to grab them at the bottom hem and pull them up, turning the dress inside out as I take it over my head.

The dresses aren't ill-fitting, it's just the way they are made and there is no easy way to get in them. There is a hole for my head and arm holes but no other closure to open to get the dress on or off and the dress isn't knit to stretch out.

I like this dress alright but it's not something I'd buy because it's not something I'd wear a lot. The whole thing just seems uncomfortable to me. Everytime I see Lisa in it, she looks jammed in it and the belt is pulled too tight, or at least that's the way it looks.

ITA, no interest in this dress at all. I hope ladies do not get stuck in it, trying to get it on or off!

Respected Contributor

Where would you wear this? Just wondering. . .

You can't wear a leather dress to (most) offices, and the cut/style of the dress is not right for a club. it does look like something June Cleaver would wear out shopping (except for the leather part!)

Any thoughts?

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Super Contributor

To me the only way you could wear this dress is to stand by a table, ankles crossed demurely, hold a rather stylish animal print - oh - is that a GILI? -tote.

Vogue Vogue...strike a pose!

Trusted Contributor
On 2/24/2014 imaclotheshog said:
On 2/24/2014 LipstickDiva said:

ITA, no interest in this dress at all. I hope ladies do not get stuck in it, trying to get it on or off!

Seems like a lot of work to get dressed and undressed. Not to mention getting the dress cleaned. And if it is so fitted, are you going to be "perspiring" in it? Thought I would use the more polite word than sweat.

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.lol} Yes it does! Who wants to work that hard to get dressed? ITA ladies.....I hope no one perspires in the dress, they may not get it off, it may stick to their body!

Super Contributor

Much and all that I like Lisa, I think presenting a dress in leather is comical. Now come on Lisa... surely you know by the end of the day what it feels like to have worn a leather dress and how if one perspires it sticks to you like glue.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Trusted Contributor

Oh gosh Ladies, now I am regretting having bought it and probably too late to cancel. I had not even thought about the sweating issue!!! And there is a lot of truth to the fact that you really are kin of limited to where you can wear it. Uhggggggggggg

Honored Contributor

I like it

Super Contributor

Maybe Lisa wears a slip underneath her designer original dress since it is very expensive. I would not think she would take a chance on getting perspiration on a $3000 dress. I would bet she does wear a slip of some sort under it, or at least perspiration guards attached inside the dress for the underarm area.